best way to learn basic photography

I just went through my library, and found another EXCELLENT book. It's a 1977 first publication date,1979 second edition. The Photographer's Handbook, again, a John Hedgecoe book. I payed $2.99 for this, used.

Here's the chapter Working With Light: Pages 74, to 102.
shooting into the sun,
the sun throughout the day,
night photography,
available light,
controlling light direction,
controlling light quality,
one lamp,
two lamps,
multiple lighting,
lighting for portraits,
lighting interiors,
special lighting techniques,
flash techniques,
special flash techniques,
special problems.

I just counted, from Page 72 to 102, that chapter has: 33 diagrams, and 101 photos showing HOW things are done with lighting. The diagrams are fantastic. As they are in all of his books.
That book is cheap on Amazon .. thanks ==> The Photographer s Handbook Third Edition Revised John Hedgecoe 9780679742043 Amazon.com Books

I just bought one. $4.00 total .. $0.99 for a NEW (old) copy of the book and $3.99 shipping. Not bad for what looks to be a good resource.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you are undisciplined, like me, I strongly suggest to sign up for a photo class. The classroom structure is very helpful, questions are quickly answered and you will learned answers for questions you haven't thought of. The encouragement from your peers adds enjoyment and reinforces the lessons. There are classes to fit almost any schedule from one day seminars to every weekend to everyday. Check out your local community college and/or adult school for classes. Online classes are good, but it is nice to shoot with classmates.

This is a period of digital photography and digital world that is not far from knowledge now. Advanced world has developed such a generous technology at it apex to become a mastery in photography, first root is bookish knowledge is beneficial and then should catch the way of great search of internet usage. But all this resources are not enough to become a basic photographer it is only leading your way only. I thing to make your base solid with easier way it is necessary to hold the hand of a professional photographer that can lead your desire to become a honorable photography. The discourse of professional photographer can grow the hidden values of photography that were not disclosed yet.

It's all about how deep your passion on the photography. There are many tutorials, books and useful information on the net. Passion is the power, not books and tutorial....

learning from your experience
g.png
Hi Vania your image is not working

Most reactions

Back