Better Getting 2nd Body Or WA Lens?

Graelwyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Have the Canon 40D...just had it a week and loving it.
Also have 28-135, 80-400, 70-200 L and 100mm macro. I lack a wide angle lens and am missing that.
But I am also worried about the possibility of the camera failing at some point and considering a 30D body as a spare.

Which should I prioritise?

Have the Canon 40D...just had it a week and loving it.
Also have 28-135, 80-400, 70-200 L and 100mm macro. I lack a wide angle lens and am missing that.
But I am also worried about the possibility of the camera failing at some point and considering a 30D body as a spare.

Which should I prioritise?

I'd go for a better standard like a 17-55. Unless you get paid to do what you do on a consistent and often basis, or often put your equipment in challenging places where the elements are harsh, a standard or wide angle would be better suited. Something like a 17-55 to get rid of the 28-135, or a 10-22.

I've been through the exact same dilemma (different lenses) and my decision was to go for the glass, the reason being is that if I wait say a year or so, I can get in on that current technology and have a brand-new body which will become my primary rather than buying it now, waiting 6-12 months to get more glass and having then, two older bodies. Not sure if it makes sense or not, but it was my logic...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back