Better or no? C&C please

caitycaitycaity

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been playing around with Photoshop for the past few days and I'm not sure what I think about this. Just wanted some opinions on whether or not I've improved the image or if I just went a bit too far with photoshop, lol. Thanks!!!

Original:
2wpi2iv.jpg

Photoshop:
205mbr.jpg

:sillysmi: I can see where you were trying to go with this, but in my opinion it is a bit over-processed... mostly the sand in the foreground is what killed it for me... gone too yellow...

the more I look at, the more I don't like it...........

I know what you were trying to do, but just a tad overdone. Mainly the sand and the problem in the top left corner. I'm sure you can still make this pleasing..just tone it down a bit or play around with photoshop, LR, etc.

WAY oversaturated - if it looks good on your monitor then you may need to calibrate your monitor. My monitr (at work at the moment) is not necessarily calibrated, but the edited version looks pretty horrible.

Although I should add, good job on levelling the horizon :)

hahah... I was attempting to smooth it out a bit, but I didn't know how to do it. Anything I tried was making it very smooth, which was not what I wanted. What I was TRYING to do was make the mountains pop a bit and then...got carried away with other effects and so on.

ps. Yay, you noticed the horizon! I knew if I hadn't done it, someone would have commented on the fact that it was off, but wasn't sure if I'd get a comment that I had fixed it.

Last edited:
the contrast seems to be turned way too high or something...and yeah the sand seems unnaturally yellow, think I actually prefer the original ^^

i agree i think it is that sand that makes it not work

Most reactions

Back