Better to upgrade body or lens? (from 1000D)

I feel that the 1000D has a lot of limited functions compared to the 40D (fps, AF points, etc). So I'm go with the 40D and the Tamron 17-50 (I have this, btw, and I'm lovin it!).

Having the Canon 17-55 on a 1000D, you will still face the same limitations. I feel that the 40D will give you a lot more space to grow as a photographer.

I remember shooting an F1 race with a 70-200mm 2.8 on a 400D. I got some shots but It would have been better if I had better fps and AF.

----
Canon Upgrade Guide

I would do the upgrade, but don't rule out the 50D. It is a very good camera when combined with great glass, and the Tamron 17-50/2.8 certainly Qualifys. Plus it's can be got for only about 100-200 more than the 40D right now.The Detail the extra 5MP gives is really worth it, plus the brighter screen ect makes it a far better camera. I love mine and though I'm about to upgrade, I will be using my 50D for a long time

UPDATE:

I ultimately decided that I'm OK with the lenses that I have for now that cover the standard range (18-55mm kit lens and the f/1.8 II), so I ended up springing for a wide angle lens instead --the Canon 10-22mm. I'm pretty happy with it (and VERY impressed with the sharpness, even handheld in low light). Guess this thread is kind nullified now, but I'll think some of these tips in mind for the future. Thanks for the help guys!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back