Beware of Chinese-Sold products.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS... the largest manufacturer of electronics in the world is Foxconn... practically every electronic device has their prints on it.

So to argue what is and is not made in china (in regards to anything that has electronics) is kinda silly.... Quality (or the lack of it) has little to do with where it is made. It has everything to do with "who" made it.

LOL! So, Every camera was made in a "piss ant country"? Do you even know what camera I (or anyone else here) use?

Ishvevegshz beisishevandjdhs ehehehevsbdsb

ooooooo! where did you learn to speak jelly doughnut?

That's capitalism. If American companies can't compete, why should I spend higher prices?

Unethical labor practices, perhaps. But Americans also have lifestyle demands which make it very hard to remain competitive.

So why do pros rip into amateur photographers, starting out with low prices? Doesn't the same argument hold?
The customer knows they are getting a lower quality product but are OK with that for the trade-off of a lower price.
Are the local, more expensive sellers, getting down on the Chinese telling them they will go out of business and they are devaluing the industry? Why not? Because it is a free market ... and both are offering different products.

And don't bother with the argument levelled at cheap wedding photographers "but it might ruin their one special day that can't be re-shot".
The same argument as to buying from China instead of local ... buyer beware. For the price you are paying, you are prepare to take a risk ... but it is the buyer who takes that chance.

So whose task is it to educate the customer about the difference - certainly not the Chinese/beginning photographer. If you are offering a more expensive product then you ought to be out there selling the reasons why (so in the case of pro wedding photographers that is along the lines of better product, reliable delivery under all conditions, backups of all equipment ..... in the case of local resellers they argue genuine branded product = higher build quality, warrantied service and customer support)

I just can't see the difference when a beginner wants to charge a lower price for their services compared with going pro rate and the Chinese charging a lower price than the local rate. Free market / capitalism - and buyers know they are getting a cheaper product for a reason but they are happy with that. So why do the pros rip into the cheaper alternative offered by part-time photographers?

Okay, guys - if you can keep the political commentary and personal attacks out of this thread, it will stay open. It's not a bad discussion, just think about keeping certain things in compliance with TPF guidelines before you hit Reply, okay? :)

This is the second (and final) moderator warning.

Carry on. :razz:

So why do pros rip into amateur photographers, starting out with low prices? Doesn't the same argument hold?

Yes. And I uphold this position every single time it comes up. I am not sure why you'd assume otherwise.

I am pretty much made in China. Beware of me!

Most reactions

Back