Beware of Chinese-Sold products.

Schwettylens said:
I am pretty much made in China. Beware of me!

HAHAHAHA!!! Well done

Let me clear this USA made thing up.i will and do pay more for a lodge cast iron pan which is made in USA verses a china made half price cast iron pan if a camera were made in the USA I would buy it over a China made camera even if it were 300.00 more

The body was probably made in some piss ant country you are not very bright

And that sir, is ignorance at its finest. On what basis do you decide that every Chinese product is crap? I'm willing to bet the computer you are using right now wasn't made in America, and was in fact made in the very "piss ant country" you speak of. Korea, Japan, CHINA. These are all countries that play a large roll in technology production. Your cell phone you use daily, most likely from another "piss ant country". There is no way you can validate spending $300 more on something that says "Made in the US". In fact, Audi assembled cars in China, Mexico, India, and soon Malaysia. Audis are undeniably an amazing luxury car, but the fact that they are made in "piss ant countries" do not make them inferior.

This thread should be shut down...and I have a feeling that a moderator is about.......to........shut.................it................dow

Like it or not, inexpensive Chinese products and labor is what makes our modern world possible.

Let me clear this USA made thing up.i will and do pay more for a lodge cast iron pan which is made in USA verses a china made half price cast iron pan if a camera were made in the USA I would buy it over a China made camera even if it were 300.00 more

I would buy the one that's going to give me the best bang for the buck...

Sometimes I am willing to buy cheaper and lesser quality....I don't always need the bestest mostest expensive. I'm not filthy rich so I always HAVE to weigh my options, especially when it comes to hobbies or non-necessary items. In some cases it's a matter of purchasing the lesser item or none at all.

LOL. I read that as "I'm filfthy rich, so I always have to weigh my options" and thought ... huh, I guess when you're rich you'd have more options to weigh. :lmao:

I think people are getting the message the OP was saying confused with something else. No one said don't buy a product if some parts of it comes from China. Some parts of everything come from somewhere. What was being said was don't buy a product from China if the real version is from else where. Like I said earlier about me buying the $250 MB-d11 battery grip rather than buying a $30 knock off that comes with on support. If one of those off brand caue damage to your gear do you think the Nikon, Canon, Sony, etc will uphold your warranty? The answer is no. I have no problem at all spending more money on products that I know is real and will work as should when I turn it on.

So why do pros rip into amateur photographers, starting out with low prices? Doesn't the same argument hold?

Yes. And I uphold this position every single time it comes up. I am not sure why you'd assume otherwise.

No sorry ... that was NOT directed at you - I agree with you. What I have a problem with are Pros who get stuck into beginning or part-time photographers about their cheap prices and how they will ruin it for the industry ... but at the same time will buy a cheaper import camera/lens/accessory or one of lesser quality because its cheaper but will still get the job done. So they argue against a free economy when someone undercuts their price but they are not prepared to accept the contradiction when they do a similar think to manufacturing. I was hoping it might be a timely reminder to those pros who "bash" the part timer on price but who do exactly the same thing to reduce their costs in other aspects of their operation.

It really comes down to risk vs gain. Can someone say with any real degree of certainty that price will directly equal quality? Why cant a photographer charge a lower rate but still produce good results? And whats wrong with a photographer charging less and filling a niche and providing a service for those that couldn't afford "pro" rates. I would love to drive a Mercedes, but i cant afford one. I need to get from point A to point B. Thankfully Ford provides a cheaper alternative, and i am satisfied with the results. Mercedes doesnt lose because i couldnt buy one anyway, I get transportation, and Ford makes some money. Sorry if anyone thinks the analogy is off base, but one photographer getting mad at another because they charge less seems a little silly. If someone cant afford a pros rates anyway, whats wrong with someone doing it cheaper if the clients are happy with the results? Im just a photographer for fun so if i have missed some aspect of photography economics i humbly stand corrected and I apologize.

Most reactions

Back