Beware...

tevo

Recovering TPF Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been using a Canon strap with my camera recently and it just broke without warning, and now I have a sizeable dent in my Leica M3. Just a warning.

That is probably punishment for putting a Canon strap on a Leica, lol.

Sorry to make fun of it, but damn. :lol:

Why hang a fragile, expensive bit of kit on something that's a giveaway bit of advertising? I've not liked the the straps that came with any camera I've owned; the 'NIKON' on that I got with my latest? coarse, cheap webbing, poor quality stitching, flimsy plastic buckles....straight in the bin.

Why hang a fragile, expensive bit of kit on something that's a giveaway bit of advertising? I've not liked the the straps that came with any camera I've owned; the 'NIKON' on that I got with my latest? coarse, cheap webbing, poor quality stitching, flimsy plastic buckles....straight in the bin.
Bin. Smart move.

I sell my straps from new cameras on eBay, since I'd never personally use them, having other systems I much prefer.

"Brand new! Still in package! Never been opened! Buy or bid with confidence!" I'll have to start adding on, "PERFECT for Leica cameras!!" :)

I have been using a Canon strap with my camera recently and it just broke without warning, and now I have a sizeable dent in my Leica M3. Just a warning.

I would be surprised if Canon actually manufactured Canon camera straps. I've got my CPS straps. They're very nice, and they've got the Canon logo, but I harbor no illusion that Canon has anything to do with the design or manufacture of it...

At least the camera was well enough made to survive the fall...

Have you checked to make sure the rangefinder doesn't need to be realigned?

I've heard of straps coming undone although partly that's often when they are laced up wrong; but otherwise I've not heard of them physically breaking (unless you're using an immensely heavy setup or very rough or its very old)

What do you use now?

What do you use now?

Nylon guitar strap with snap locks, no way that's going to fail.

You know I see this argument a lot, but I have had three Nikon straps now and I've found they were nothing but rock solid. I inspect their hold regularly and have never seen any indication of slippage nor any threats of breakage. I'm not currently using those straps, only because I now have a clip-on/off solution, but I'll be honest, I'm WAY more nervous about THOSE straps than I am the "free" ones that came with my bodies.

What I disliked about the Nikon straps were the sharpish edges on the webbing and I quickly replaced them with after-market padded things. (yes, I am delicate)

What I disliked about the Nikon straps were the sharpish edges on the webbing and I quickly replaced them with after-market padded things. (yes, I am delicate)

Sure, no argument there... but that's not a question of breakage.

Canon straps are the same, very hard and rough edges; good if you've got thick clothes on but they will cut like mad on skin even with a light setup if you've only got a light shirt on

I don't like manufacturers straps whether nikon or canon, they're cheap and flashy don't stay on your shoulder and cut in like hell.
I always use Optech ones, well padded and stay put.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Most reactions

New Topics

Back