BG-E8 issues anyone?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by bahandi, Jul 25, 2010.

1. bahandi

bahandi TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Just purchased a battery grip for my T2i on Thursday. I started noticing that after long periods of being powered down, the camera won't turn on unless I pull the battery cartridges out and put them back in.

Another issue seems to be an issue a previous grip (BG-E2) had where the camera would turn off unexpectedly. In my case, using the dial to change settings powered down the camera.

Has anyone else noticed this issue or do I just have a faulty grip?

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    From what I've heard from people, I think the issue is the fit/connection of the grip. If it's not perfectly tight, the electrical contacts may not be secure, so any bit of wiggling might cause them to loose contact. It could also be dirty contacts.

I know that my battery grip (Off brand grip on a Canon) doesn't fit my off-brand batteries all that well. They are tight, where the Canon battery slides easily.

3. AlexL

AlexL TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have a off brand grip for the t2i. The batteries are tight fitting, but i don't have to pull battery and it is working great.