The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
BH Photo store in NYC is a heart stopping experience.
35,000 sq feet absolutely jammed full of high-class gear. (more 2/3 size of a American football field.
Checkroom for all bags (except you can keep your camera bag).

More friendly knowledgeable reps than you can image. (5 reps from Canon besides the normal staff. 2 guys at the tripod section alone. 1 guy in books.
They carry 8 lines of tripods with maybe 10-20 examples of each line from 29 - $980.
They have 5 people working on the free refreshments table alone.
Amazing staffing.

It was packed. To give you an idea of the volume they do, they had 12 cashiers working.
It was an amazing place.

I didn't want to buy anything but two big guys cornered me and made me buy a Tamron 100 Macro. I begged them to call my wife and explain but they just laughed.

Sky took Joe and I there for the first time two weeks ago....WE WERE IN HEAVEN!!!!! It was an awesome experience. :)

An interesting conversation overheard:

Man buying a $1700 camera. Salesman asked if his wanted any filters or anything. Man said that he wanted the salesman to 'squeeze' in a filter for free or he wouldn't buy camera.
Salesman said that the prices are as advertised and if he wanted to dicker he should go to another store.

lol, tried to negotiate like it was buying a car eh?

DVXuser (edit-oops wrong forum- *cough* TPF user) + BH store + empty cc ---- Junkie + pound of heroin + 3 days to kill

Yah, they almost forced me to buy one also. Lucky I escaped.

BTW, which one? what legs? How do you like it?

I wanted something light weight to go on my new gorillapod SLR-zoom, so I went with the Slik SBH-120. It's light, not too expensive, and has a nice smooth feel to it. Oh, and the gorillapod is AWESOME

I went there on my last trip to pick up an extra memory card. Ended up with a few extra things. Don't go inside unless you can promise yourself you won't buy anything.

Proud to say that I also spent a lot of time in their old store on w 16th st or where ever it was. They were really mean back then, but always had the best prices. I visit the 9th ave location once a year. I love walking around and playing with stuff, but I am afraid to buy anything there. It is like having stage fright. I just buy on line from them. Plus I do not have to pay sales tax.

Love & Bass

Most reactions

New Topics

Back