BHphotovideo OR Ritzcamera

Personally I would not order ANYTHING from Ritz Camera. I placed an order with them and two months later they took the money out of my account TWICE!!!!!!!!

But hey....thats just me.

I worked at the actual store chain of Kits camera (part of Ritz Camera) And anything that had to be ordered in could be anywhere from super quick to 10 weeks.

Though i've heard of my own batch of bad customer service from bhphotovideo. But i think those guys will be the better of the two.

I orderd my 100-400 L IS lens from Inkleys (Ritz) and it was there in 3 days... Also they have also been really cool about printing images. I have no complaints. Although I have never used bhphoto before.

I've had great results using B&H. They've shipped all of my orders lightning fast, and customer service has been top-notch. It also feels more like it's geared toward photographers, know what I mean? Ritz just feels very chain-storish, if you catch my drift.

BHphoto - only because of the good price on used equipment.

But I'd check out eBay stores first - just as good.

Ritz has a lot of things for A LOT more money than b&h. I never ordered online but I do get my prints their.

All my camera gear has pretty much come from b&h. Always fast, great prices

I can only speak of BH... they have always served me well... never used Ritz.

i've used bh for a few years now and they have always come through, ritz has always been a pain, not nearly as reliable and bh shipping is ridiculously fast.

adorama.com is another store, who i would put behind bh but still ahead of ritz.

My friend had a bad experience with Ritz online. I had a bad experience with Ritz in one of their stores. I couldn't write a check at Ritz - the system they use isn't able to verify the funds, so they use a credit service. If you don't have a strong history for writhing checks, your screwed. It actually worked out for the better, because I saved a boat load of money by going elsewhere.

I've used B&H several times over the last couple of months and like some of the others have said B&H's shipping is really fast.

I've never had bad experience with B&H, I buy everything from them. The one time I bought something from Ritz it was because B&H didn't have it. Ritz jacks their prices up, too. I've sent them prints once (Ritz) and never will again... the quality I got back stunk compared to where I usually take it (BWC).

I use BH. The prices are generally better and doesn't seem cheesy like Ritz can.

I think it depends on price and really where you are from. If you live near a Ritz and the price is close to B+H I thnk I would go with Ritz just because you have someone to talk to if there is a problem. If you can get a great deal from B+H go with them but I would trust either place both are dependable and have good reputations. I see some people have told stories either way about just Ritz I guess and good stories about B+H but this really means nothing as I said you should go by price and also figure shipping in to the equation if you have a Ritz near you. Personally if the prices are close I would prefer having someone over the counter to talk to. I am not sure what some people are meaning about Ritz being "cheesy" or "chain storeish" if they got a good price why would it matter if they had Ronald Mcdonald selling their stuff?.

If for no other reason than the catalogs, go with B&H! :)

Most of the time (all of it that I can remember) B&H has had better prices on non-sale items compaired to Ritz. Everyone at B&H that I've had dealings with seems to take professionalism personally.

mike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back