Big Black Balls

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
161556033-L.jpg

Lovely, albeit soft colour contrasts of the blue and yellow, both muted, hence the "soft contrasts", but complementary (in a way), anyway.

Is this a shopping mall?
What I do miss about this photo is the bottom of the escalator ... I saw it earlier this morning (when it was only viewing time for me, but not yet commenting time, for lack of coherence so shortly after getting up ;)), and I though the same then. I still think so now...

Thanks so much Corinna. This is actually an office tower in downtown Toronto You have now convinced me that my next camera purchase will be a 10-20mm lens. I could not zoom out anymore and if I moved back, I would have been standing on the down escalator, which could have got messy for the people getting off. :lol:

I really don't think showing the entire escalator is necessary. The center of interest are the balls ... the highly reflective rails really draws one's eyes to the balls. More escalator would just make the shot less abstract and add more elements to dilute from the balls. I'd even drop from the bottom and eliminate the handrails. Nice shot ... I think a touch more contrast on the balls would give a bit more pop.

Gary

Chiller, you really did an awesome job on this! Wow! The lighting conditions (natural light in the atrium, backlighting the "bbb's" and artificial light in the lower level) were tricky. You handled it well, and even managed to capture the reflections in the balls. I like how the escalator draws one's eye up into the shot. Well done.

Most reactions

Back