www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Open for critique.
Which should I improve?

Nikon D80 18-135mm at 135mm, f/5.6, 1/5s, ISO-320

Big_Bro___Small_by_vvdizon.jpg

Wow. Interesting pic.
I think I would like more contrast, having the background a lighter blue.
The ones on the left seem to fade away into the background. It could be my monitor too though.

Other than that it's fantastic.

wow very original...i like the idea alot, hmm, maybe just a tad brighter...but i like it other then that :lol:

Darkmatter, I feel this is too dark a matter and the "little brothers" and the "big brother" should, in fact, be shown in a more detailed manner.
The blue background is fascinating, though!!!

I would think what I see are compression artefacts, but dark as this one is, I cannot be entirely sure whether the "little brothers" and their "big brother" are totally in focus and tack sharp (as they should be).

my lens, nikkor 18-135 cannot focus very well thats why i came up with this soft image. i used also one blue led keychain for the lighting. not enough effort on my part.

The problem is that you're shooting is incorrectly. You need to switch your lens to manual mode and stop down. It's a controlled environment. The exposure could be 10 min for all it matters.

i guess you're right. i'll try to improve more. btw, it's only my 3rd day owning a dSLR when i shoot this photo.

I'd be interested to see the results of your further experiments!

The advice on manual focus sounds very sound to me... And try out varying exposure times, too. Plus editing. I thought there was great potential in the idea.

The problem is that you're shooting is incorrectly. You need to switch your lens to manual mode and stop down. It's a controlled environment. The exposure could be 10 min for all it matters.

You sound like an arrogant jerk when you flat out tell someone that they are shooting "incorrectly". You could have just left it at - Advice for next time would be to switch your lens to manual mode and stop down. It's a controlled environment. The exposure could be 10 min for all it matters.

Which is just a sugar-coated way of saying that it was shot incorrectly. Forget that. I'm not making some kind of lighting suggestion here. It was shot incorrectly. No if's, and's or but's about it.

How is it sugar coated? It's just taking your arrogant ego out of it. And who are you to set the standards for the "right" way to take a photograph? There is no right or wrong when it comes to taking a picture.

This is a matter of technique! There are most definitely rights and wrongs. I'm not being arrogant. Yeah I bet you think sunny 16 and the rule of thirds are arrogant. Straight bull. This isn't just some opinion of mine...the shot didn't turn out the way he wanted it to because his technique was wrong. Get off my case or send me a PM. I'm sick of people calling me out in public over stupid stuff.

Do you see a pattern? Maybe you keep being called out in public for a reason.

Weak, man. You don't even have anything constructive to tell this guy about how to shoot the photo better. If you wanna start stuff then send me a PM.

Did I just walk into a room of kindergarden children?
Sure there are 'rules' of how to take pictures. But rules are meant to be broken!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, i think the picture should be brighter and I would also suggest cropping from the top and maybe the bottom. There's alot of uninteresting space at the top especiallly.

Most reactions

Back