Big Cat Portraits

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A while back, I made three trips to the zoo in one weekend. Kinda cool...it was membership appreciation too. :)
I wanted to see the different types of light I could get on the lions. Some were shot with the 9am to 10am light, the others were shot with the 6:30pm to 7;30pm light
Morning..
169297059-L.jpg

Evening...
169297507-L.jpg

Morning...
169298180-L.jpg

Evening...
169296670-L.jpg

Looks like the baby tigers are all grown up. :lmao:
169297542-L-1.jpg

I really like the light (particularly the shots taken in the evening) and the tight crops on those. Maybe the crop on the tiger is a bit too tight though; somehow, I find it disturbing that the whiskers are cut off.

Thank you Steph. That last shot was actually taken for a contest. The theme was Fill the frame, so I wanted to get as close as I could.
Took first place, so I guess I owe my tiger friend something. :lmao:

Gorgeous shots of the big cats!! I too like the evening light shots of the lion (especially the first evening shot, with the bit of greenery in it). And I can see why the tiger shot took first place...it's breathtaking. Those cold staring eyes of a predator....(*shiver*)

Simply stunning. Awesome work Chiller

Very nice indeed, and as the others have already said, the evening shots are nicer. However, i'm sure that the morning shots would have also looked just as nice if the sun was shining in the same way. What I'm saying is that 9-10 in the morning is probably 3 or 4 hours after sunrise, whereas 6.30-7.30 in the evening is probably only a couple of hours before sunset. Taking the morning shots between 7 and 8 would be just as good as the evening shots...but the zoo is probably closed at this time.

Mike

Thanks so much everone. Appreciate your comments.

Mike...yeah man..your right.. The zoo opens at 9, so I was there as long as it took to walk from the gate to the lions. I love the morning light as well.
Thanks again all. :D

nice ones mate, but you already knew that ;-)

Thanks again for your awesome comments. Really appreciate it.

Checking in late, those last two are especially 'killer!'

Most reactions

Back