Big Day Out - 56k Forewarned

GoM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First time out in ages, not so much due to circumstanc eor lack of time, as lack of motivation. Either way...good to get out again. Hope you enjoy.

#1 - TTC Streetcar..the classic shot
ttcflooraw4.jpg

#2 - TTC Streetcar..the not-so-classic shot
ttcfb0.jpg

#3 - The Tower
towerzj3.jpg

#4 - St. James' at sunset
stjamessd6.jpg

#5 - Hungry
hungrywq3.jpg

#6 - Jerry
jerryrb2.jpg

Story about Jerry - Here was a guy who, as I was waiting for the streetcar to head downtown, had approached everyone very nicely and politely with his sign, asking for a bit of spare change. I did the typical nod and 'sorry, man', and he went on his way, staying around the area a bit. After a minute or so, I walked up to him and handed him $2 if I could take his picture. He said sure, we got to talking abit before and after, and he basically (Jerry was his name) did his thing for a few minutes as I snapped away. After facing away from me for about 30 seconds or so, he turned and looked straight at me, which was that last shot there. I don't know why the auto-focus was off every-so-slightly (and manual focus is, while possible, far too cumbersome to be worth it, especially for 'street' shooting), but it rendered that picture merely ordinary, when who knows, maybe it could've been sweet.

Man, my thread just got IRC-d

Cheers all :)

Yes, I like that first photo, too!
Don't think it is THAT classic a perspective, I haven't seen it much, must "copy" it (if it is as classic as you say, I might, hm? ;)) once I go into Hamburg by "S-Bahn", I think.

And hey, I can relate to the "not going out a lot for lack of motivation" part of what you say ever so much! It's been many, many weeks now for me in which I could not rouse myself to go out to take some photos. I have taken some but am totally unhappy with the results.

You need NOT be unhappy.
Pity about the auto focus, but ... be it.
The weather looks like it was nice!
Lucky you!

nice shots.. very nice.

I think your auto focus is fine, but it focused on the front of the brim of his hat maybe?

Thanks KillToShoot...that's most likely the case, which is annoying, but having gone shooting again today, I can see that the auto-focus is picky with several close and close-in-depth objects which are different enough for a noticeable blurring. Oh well.

LaFoto....thank you indeed. I'm trying to get over my current lack of motivation, and it seems to be working. How, you ask? Well, time permitting, I pick a word at random out of the dictionary. And go out and see if I can shoot it. Obviously, I'll shoot whatever I come across that catches my eye, but always looking for that word...and it seems to be doing the trick. :)

Hey, that is ONE cool idea!!! :idea:

Hehe...I know....#6 is killing me. Nobody else who I've shown it to seems quite as high on it as I am (focus or not, just speaking about the 'ideal' of the shot), so ehh...still wish it was in focus, would've been much better.

Most reactions

Back