Big Decision!!

Canon 40D or Nikon D300

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Personally, I like Canon better, overall. But I'm not a fan of the 40D controls. (I don't care for the wheel thingy, which is nice for going thru pictures, but not navigating thru the menus). Generally, it seems like Nikon menus are more extensive.

However, I love the 40D's life view function...awesome.

Personally, I like Canon better, overall. But I'm not a fan of the 40D controls. (I don't care for the wheel thingy, which is nice for going thru pictures, but not navigating thru the menus). Generally, it seems like Nikon menus are more extensive.

However, I love the 40D's life view function...awesome.

I think the D300 has live-view. Can any of the d300 owners verify this?

He's this guy that has a website, Kenrockwell.com, and he thinks he's the all holy God of photography. And the best part of it, his actual photography sucks. He's similar to Bjorn Rorslett, except Bjorn isn't a douche.

Edit: I'm sure Ken will see this thread sometime, I'm 98% sure he Googles his name every morning when he wakes up. Unless the guy is nocturnal, which wouldn't shock me.

Errm, that was more a rhetorical question of mine ;)

I think the D300 has live-view. Can any of the d300 owners verify this?

The Nikon D300 does have live-view. Two settings for it too, tripod and hand-held. I've only used it hand-held, and it works pretty well. I wouldn't use it unless I had to though, I'm a viewfinder guy.

Well yeah, the older Nikon lenses are definetely full time manual. I think they have a series of lenses that allow you to autofocus and then turn the focus ring to adjust while it's still in the same focusing mode. I don't see how having a full MF lens is advantageous compared to a lens that can autofocus and manual focus at the flip of a switch.

The full time manual is the ability to let the lens autofocus, and then, without having to "flip the switch" you can turn the focus ring and fine-tune the focus. Its not a big deal if they don't, I was just curious.

Trenton Romulox said:
He's this guy that has a website, Kenrockwell.com, and he thinks he's the all holy God of photography. And the best part of it, his actual photography sucks. He's similar to Bjorn Rorslett, except Bjorn isn't a douche.

Edit: I'm sure Ken will see this thread sometime, I'm 98% sure he Googles his name every morning when he wakes up. Unless the guy is nocturnal, which wouldn't shock me.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm serious too. I really bet he Googles his name.

'Ah, the sun is finally down, time to wake up...let's see here *pushes half-eaten rat off of keyboard* I'll save that for later. *Goes to Google and types 'Ken Rockwell'* Let's see, there's my site, I don't need to check that, I already know it's amazing. What is this...The Photo Forum...*reads this thread*...Well, I didn't want to fly to Maine to eat anyone again this year, but Stephen King was sure delicious, I guess I'll go see this Trenton Romulox character. *hops on broomstick*'

LOLOLOL!!!!!

Did you ever see the South Park episode about World of Warcraft. I now imagine Ken Rockwell as the character that they are all fighting..... sitting there in his room.

This guy:
261457181_83009a8652_o.jpg

HAHA. I did see that episode, and you're absolutely right. Wow, spot on. If that guy were a hundred pounds lighter, that'd be Ken Rockwell.

http://kenrockwell.com/trips/2008-01-tim/images/D3R_0352-edit.jpg

Guy in green is Ken. $5 says he checked out the girl in the gray to his left, our right.

I'll give someone a pat on the back if they can tell me whose birthday party that was. Hint, it's not Ken or the girl, even though they both felt the need to infiltrate the front of the shot.

HAHA. I did see that episode, and you're absolutely right. Wow, spot on. If that guy were a hundred pounds lighter, that'd be Ken Rockwell.

http://kenrockwell.com/trips/2008-01-tim/images/D3R_0352-edit.jpg

Guy in green is Ken. $5 says he checked out the girl in the gray to his left, our right.

I'll give someone a pat on the back if they can tell me whose birthday party that was. Hint, it's not Ken or the girl, even though they both felt the need to infiltrate the front of the shot.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! He looks like a tool!

I'm convinced I'm gonna get an email from him and it's gonna be either one of two things: a death threat, or an email asking me to take all of my posts about him off the website. Oh, it could be an email from his greasy lawyer suing me for slander or something.

You would totally have to post it! Then start an anti-Ken Rockwell protest!

I want to start an anti-Ken Rockwell protest anyways HAHA. In a way, I already have in this thread. I mean, I've been bashing him off and on for about the last forty posts or so. HAHA.

Well he is the professional.... I mean come on... a beep is ON by default?!?!?!?!?!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

HAHA, curse those 'moron beeps.' He was probably just pissed because there was too much dog blood on his hands for him to get through the menus to turn it off.

Most reactions

Back