Big Oak Josh

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This guy is 6'5. He said he was in his off season, and that he is "out of shape".

Shot in natural light on an overcast/rainy day.

untitled_by_danostergren-dbtsv9h.jpg

I used a silver reflector for some fill in this one.
img_2141_1_by_danostergren-dbtsvjk.jpg

untitled_by_danostergren-dbtsvk5.jpg

Damn, great as usual. The light in the second one is beautiful.

I could only hope to be that “out of shape” someday.

Great shots, the second as Destin said has great lighting. The pose in the last reminds me slightly of the posters for the pugilist of old.

Your details are always so crisp.

Are you sure his name isn't Zeus? Maybe you should do a shoot with him in a toga.

Great shots, the second as Destin said has great lighting. The pose in the last reminds me slightly of the posters for the pugilist of old.
Thank you. He's a bodybuilding competitor, and I believe it's one of the competition flexing poses.

Your details are always so crisp.

Are you sure his name isn't Zeus? Maybe you should do a shoot with him in a toga.
Thank you. I do a bit of extra sharpening once I'm done with all of my other retouching.

That's not a bad idea...

Fantastic as usual! I love your use of light in general, and these do no disappoint. I always enjoy viewing your work. Thank you for sharing.

What a beautifully enormous man.

The texture in the B&W shots is wonderful. Especially the second one - it's all about texture: the skin, the beard - even the way his hair is combed.

I just groove on elements like this within portraits. I will never understand the attraction most photographers share of smoothing out skin until it looks like plastic. We are textural creatures on many levels; let it show, bay-bay!!!

Terrific model, terrific images.

What a beautifully enormous man.
I know. I couldn't help but picture him carrying me off into the sunset the entire time we were shooting. My assistant was drooling over him as well.

The texture in the B&W shots is wonderful. Especially the second one - it's all about texture: the skin, the beard - even the way his hair is combed.

I just groove on elements like this within portraits. I will never understand the attraction most photographers share of smoothing out skin until it looks like plastic. We are textural creatures on many levels; let it show, bay-bay!!!

Terrific model, terrific images.
Thank you, and I agree. Retouching can be done without wiping away details in the skin, like pores. Pores make someone look real, like a human. Wiping away that texture creates an unrelatable disconnect between the viewer and the subject, it erases any sort of emotion, and the fact that they look fake becomes a focal point of it's own.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back