big problem.

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
something happened that i was not expecting...I just bought an old film camera to use when i dont want to mess up my f3. it's a nikkormat FT. unfortunately, i didn't know it took mercury batteries. I probably wouldnt have bought it then. I'm having a very hard time finding a 1.35 or 1.55 volt battery (1.35 would be better) that would fit it and work. we tried one, but it wasnt mercury of course (we were told at a shop that you dont HAVE to have mercury) and it was too small...didnt work. now i cant tell if the battery didnt work or the meter is bad. help. please.

I would think someone on the Internet should have mercury free replace batteries. Try the big places first like Adorama, B&H, KEH & Freestyle.

Just did a search on classic cameras and found a links to a repair forum , this thread talks about the Nikkormat FT, hope this helps, I make no guarantees on that site.

Also the battery like only works the meter so you could guess-mate the light.

I thought I was out of luck on my yashica also. But when i dropped by my local camera store they had a whole wall of non mercury replacement batteries in various voltages and sizes. Found one that works perfectly.

Arlington Camera in N. Arlington, TX. I can get you contact info if you like.

i think i might have found a way to get it working. i knew it only powered the meter, but that is something i definitely need...i'm not quite that good :D

i got a small battery (way to small to fit correctly) and it made the meter go haywire. it would randomly go from underexposed to overexposed and was very jumpy...i'm going to try a zinc/air battery or whatever those are called and see if those work....thanks for the input guys

Most reactions

New Topics

Back