Big Zoom test shots.. (Los Angeles from up high)

bhop

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got this old manual focus Tamron 200-500 zoom lens from my friend's dad. It came in the mail today (technically yesterday.. it's late), so I went for a hike up in Griffith Park to test it out. Here's a few shots from it. Personally, it feels kinda soft, but it was a cloudy (smog?) day, so i'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. It's been raining all week.. still is.. bleh.. Plus manual big lens and D70 (with tiny viewfinder and no metering capability for old lenses), are a bad combo.. it might work better on my FE (manual camera).. i'll have to try that out.

Wow. Paparazzo lens, isn't it? Isn't it cool to be able to zoom yourself almost right into people's homes?

How do you hold it?
I am sure I'd have camera shake in all my pictures!

I do like that winding path. That is most easily my favourite of all by far! I love how telephoto lenses can condense things in the way they do!

Wow. Paparazzo lens, isn't it? Isn't it cool to be able to zoom yourself almost right into people's homes?

How do you hold it?
I am sure I'd have camera shake in all my pictures!

I do like that winding path. That is most easily my favourite of all by far! I love how telephoto lenses can condense things in the way they do!

Thanks, yeah, it's huge and heavy, so before I went anywhere, I bought a monopod. It helped for sure.

That winding path shot will be great in the Fall/Autumn when all the trees are red and orange etc

Hah, hah.. unfortunately (or fortunately?) Los Angeles is pretty mild year round. (snow on the east coast right now, I could've just worn a t-shirt here yesterday) so not many changing colors. That's one thing I miss about the East coast.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back