Biggest print size with D60

avilamillar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I want to print some of my pictures to hang them on the wall, but I'm not sure what is the biggest size i can go with my D60, I'm shooting in RAW and post editing with Lightroom 2.

Im thinking around 10x13 inches

Thanks

This is going to be a gift for my dad, ill print it on mpix.com mounted on a Canva on Stretcher Frame, or do you think it will be better a normal frame? or other type of mounting.

lol I imagine this requires us going to the site ?

16x24 is stretching it majorly. I made plenty of 11x14 prints with my D70, and they were excellent, but only 1 12x18, and I could start to see pixelation, so I'd be wary of larger sizes if quality is of utmost importance.

lol I imagine this requires us going to the site ?

No

Ive had a0 out of a d80 jpg.
I dont understand

16x24 is stretching it majorly. I made plenty of 11x14 prints with my D70, and they were excellent, but only 1 12x18, and I could start to see pixelation, so I'd be wary of larger sizes if quality is of utmost importance.

Ok, but even if the D60 is 10 MP and the D70 6MP The max print size is the same? i want it to look good so the quality is important for me.

thanks

Your D60 images can be blownup to billboard size.

What counts is how close are the people that are looking at the image.

What really matters is the pixel dimensions and the resolution (ppi).

If you crop an image you loose pixel dimension and can't print as big.

sorry uk paper size. a0 is 841mm × 1189mm

And how was the quality?

How Big Can I Print by Thom Hogan

so according to this excellent quality with a D60 can only be on a 8x10 print

Your D60 images can be blownup to billboard size.

What counts is how close are the people that are looking at the image.

What really matters is the pixel dimensions and the resolution (ppi).

If you crop an image you loose pixel dimension and can't print as big.

yeah, it's going to be hanging on the wall so the people looking at the image wil be close, thats why i want to know whats the biggest print size(good quality) i can do with my D60.

Thanks to all :)

With proper photoshop techniques, you should be able to print to at A3 or even A2 without a problem. I have printed tack sharp A3 prints from what were originally 5MP images.

A few tricks I have learned:
When you resize your images(which you should most certainly do yourself and not leave it to the printing company) overshoot the DPI to something absurd like 350, then play around with the different resampling techniques. This is agaisnt alot of the core rules of image editing, but trust me. I found that Bicubic sharper works well for the overshoot. After you resize, use your favorite method for getting rid of the noise that you inevitably just created, then resize the image for the lower DPI, 250 should be fine for a larger print, and then be sure to play around with the resampling techniques again to find the best match for your image.

Very very good. Think they may have up sampled the image at the print shop. Dunno if the glass i was using helped.

Thanks is good to hear that you printed in that size with good quality

With proper photoshop techniques, you should be able to print to at A3 or even A2 without a problem. I have printed tack sharp A3 prints from what were originally 5MP images.

A few tricks I have learned:
When you resize your images(which you should most certainly do yourself and not leave it to the printing company) overshoot the DPI to something absurd like 350, then play around with the different resampling techniques. This is agaisnt alot of the core rules of image editing, but trust me. I found that Bicubic sharper works well for the overshoot. After you resize, use your favorite method for getting rid of the noise that you inevitably just created, then resize the image for the lower DPI, 250 should be fine for a larger print, and then be sure to play around with the resampling techniques again to find the best match for your image.

Thanks for the tips, im going to try that :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back