Biginner with photo edits...C&C

mitko007

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi im quite new to photo editing and this i something i tried (i did it very quckliy so the quality isnt 100%). I like selective coloring very much, i i would like to ask you are there any rules (choice of colors, objects colored..etc.) that one should follow !!

Thanks....

PICT0017_edited_SC.jpg

PICT0028_edited_2-1.jpg

Last edited:
1. I like the idea, but selective coloring tends to work a lot better if its only one color that you choose to display, here with multiple colors they dont have the same "pop" as they normally would.

2. I like what you did this one, not much else to say cause theres nothing wrong IMO :wink:

i like selective coloring but on this one it takes ur focus of the pretty lil girl. this one may work better as a muted color picture(makes it some what black and white with color.)...how you do that is make a duplicate of your layer and add a black and white gradiant map layer then just move octip...down or up for desiered look...try it!

the second one is a neat lensebaby effect...and that lil girl is so cute...great job on it! .

I agree with sdesha, the colored flowers take the attention away from what should be the main subject, the little girl. I really like #2 as well. Very cute kid, interesting effect. My only slight complaint is that it makes it look like the hair on top of her head is standing straight up. Doesn't detract from the image really, but it caught my eye.

Most reactions

Back