BIO

IAMAMRA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all!

I am have been trying to revamp my website and am really not sure what to put in my bio. This is what I currently have:
"Hello! I am Micah Adams, I have been enjoying photography since I was 16 and, I try to bring my love of photography into every shot. While I enjoy landscape photography, I also do portrait work and have very reasonable rates(email for current rates) . I currently reside in Madison, Wi, if you have any question or are looking for something specific feel free to contact me at [email protected] thanks and enjoy!"

I don't like really like it, but I can't seem to figure out a better way to write it....any suggestions???

the website is www.micahadams.smugmug.com
Thanks in advance,

Micah

Last edited:
I would start with some a little more formal sounding, and then get into your love of photography" and your track record as of now. Also instead of saying, "since I was 16", tell them how many years you have been shooting professionally . It just sounds more mature and confident. Don't talk about your rates in your advertisement, just say to email for estimation or quote. Give them some examples of the shooting situations you have been in, and how it can benefit them. Let them know something about your equipment, and what kind of effects you can offer, and why its important. Keep that last part very simple, or it will bore them. Post albums of previous work so they can get a feel for your style, and try to picture what you can do inside a frame.

This is all opinion, but just wanted to give a my perspective on selling something. You want to wow them, but come off as very down to earth..basically someone thats a pleasure to be around. And as for as actually working with clients, be sociable. Ask them questions about there hobbies and try to relate to them as much as possible. Theres nothing worse than someone just telling you, "stand here, get in between this, etc. If there having fun, the pictures will usually be better.

Just curious. How old are you and what have you accomplished as a photographer? If you are new and haven't accomplished much yet, a bio could work against you because it points out how little you've done and how new you are.

In that case, I'd skip the bio and let the images speak for themselves. You have some nice images on your site.

I personally don't use a bio. My background. education and accomplishments are in screenwriting and filmmaking. So I focus on my pictures and let them speak for themselves. It seems to work. I get my fair share of work.

If people ask me about my photography background, I distract them with a story about a really horrible movie I have a Blockbuster. While they're laughing, I hurry down to the bank and cash the check.

I would start with some a little more formal sounding, and then get into your love of photography" and your track record as of now. Also instead of saying, "since I was 16", tell them how many years you have been shooting professionally . It just sounds more mature and confident. Don't talk about your rates in your advertisement, just say to email for estimation or quote. Give them some examples of the shooting situations you have been in, and how it can benefit them. Let them know something about your equipment, and what kind of effects you can offer, and why its important. Keep that last part very simple, or it will bore them. Post albums of previous work so they can get a feel for your style, and try to picture what you can do inside a frame.

This is all opinion, but just wanted to give a my perspective on selling something. You want to wow them, but come off as very down to earth..basically someone thats a pleasure to be around. And as for as actually working with clients, be sociable. Ask them questions about there hobbies and try to relate to them as much as possible. Theres nothing worse than someone just telling you, "stand here, get in between this, etc. If there having fun, the pictures will usually be better.

Excellent points. As an example, here's mine.

I changed it up, thanks for all the advice everyone! What do you think now?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back