Bird Rock

seemoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.simonchristen.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife and I decided to drive down Highway 1 after spending Saturday in San Francisco. My favorite part is the Big Sur area. Every time I'm driving through there I am in awe of the beautiful landscape.

We pulled over for the sunset and I was able to take some long exposure pictures. Was lucky that the birds didn't move to much on the rock.

Bird Rock
1540352476_2339437f47_o.jpg

Thanks

That is an awesome picture. I love the foggy look of the water....and the colors...... so nice.

I was kinda hoping for more comments...

I am very interested to hear from people who don't like it on how to make it better...

thanks for any advice or constructive criticism.

Theres something about the sea I dont like, its a beautifull picture make no mistake.
I cant tell if its the processing, or the shutter time.
If its the shutter speed, it seems a bit halfway between, long enough to blurr the water a bit but not long enough to turn it to smooth smoke.
Its a personal thing, but the water looks painted or drawn.
The colours are a shade too artificial I think.
Its a nice photo though, and a purely subjective opinion.

Joxby: Thanks a lot for your comments. I think I see what you mean with the water. I have to admit I was hoping for a longer opening time myself. I will try that next time.

thanks again.

The colours are a shade too artificial I think.

I agree...a LOVELY picture. And my only issue would be the same as joxby quoted above. The colors look just a tad "painted" and not natural. However, that may not be a negative thing as in the end it does add a bit of drama to the overall photo.

Brian

Thanks a lot for all the feedback.

Looking at it again. I also think I exaggerated to colors a tad. I'm gonna tweak them a bit to make it less cheesy... :)

thanks again.

Most reactions

Back