Birds C&C

Ecas32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. i was kinda just playin around with this one. i wasnt even planin on keeping it, but it ended up comin out pretty good.
i know my settings are way off and its a little OOF :p 1/1600 f5.6 iso1600
IMG_0841.jpg

2. 1/200 5.6 iso1600 (it was really shady)
IMG_0862.jpg

Last edited:
I would open the aperature (if you can anymore) and lower the ISO. The first one looks really grainy, but it's a great shot.

2nd one is too busy in the background and needs to be cropped in closer to the bird.

I would open the aperature (if you can anymore) and lower the ISO. The first one looks really grainy, but it's a great shot.

2nd one is too busy in the background and needs to be cropped in closer to the bird.

ya like i said, the first one, i was just screwin around with the settings, and it happened to come out decent. lower iso would help alot on that photo. i had the aperature as wide as i could at 300mm (5.6)

Which 75-300mm lens do you use? Is it the Canon 75-300mm III USM? I know that I will get a telephoto lens in the near future and have been reading about the different 75-300mm lenses out there.

I know that I will get a telephoto lens in the near future and have been reading about the different 75-300mm lenses out there.
I wouldn't recommend any of the 75-300mm lenses...really bad CA (chromatic aberration or purple fringing) at the longer focal lengths (the first picture has some CA...look at the piece of cord hanging down and you'll see the left side looks purplish). Very slow to focus.

If you can afford it the EF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 IS USM is not bad.

you get that little noise with ISO1600 (2nd picture) HOLY COW!

If you can, open the aperture, and if you cant, add some soft focus to the backround.

I like the birdies!

I wouldn't recommend any of the 75-300mm lenses...really bad CA (chromatic aberration or purple fringing) at the longer focal lengths (the first picture has some CA...look at the piece of cord hanging down and you'll see the left side looks purplish). Very slow to focus.

I have read that recommendation elsewhere. I'm so new to photography, I don't want to break the bank on equipment. Likely, I'll just hold off, save up and get a quality lens if I'm still going strong with this hobby.

Another thing I have read about the 75-300mm's is that they don't operate well in moderate to low light, which may be the reason the OP bumped the ISO so high.

In the second one, the high ISO is fine because its shady but in the first, ISO 400 ought to have sufficed and would have provided better image quality. The bird in #1 looks really cute though.

i have been impressed with my 75- 300. it hasnt been too bad wit CA, but the main reason it is in the first photo is because of the super high iso... hehe

you get that little noise with ISO1600 (2nd picture) HOLY COW!

If you can, open the aperture, and if you cant, add some soft focus to the backround.

I like the birdies!

ya the xsi is actually really good with high iso in the right light.

that was as wide aperature i could get at 300 (5.6)

Most reactions

Back