Birds definately not afraid of humans

hankejp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got back from a conference at Disney in Orlando. The seagulls and duck were definately not afraid of people. I was able to get within a couple feet of most of the birds.

DSC_0081.JPG

DSC_0151.JPG

DSC_0082.JPG

Nice ones, each with minor issues only.

The sun sure gave you a hard task in exposing exactly right, though in the first it worked. No part of the sand is blown. The only pity is that we get to see the shadow side of the gull and therefore no catchlight in its eyes.

In the second, while the ducks are nicely colourful, the foreground bit of sand is a bit blown, and composition-wise spoken they have no room to run into. The farthest right one will soon run "against" the frame.

And the scene of the take-off of the coot is cute, only did it just, only JUST, leave your area of focus, so the splashes and its feet are still inside that narrow strip of focus, and the head has left it already. I believe that it is incredibly difficult to pull off a photo like this EXACTLY right.

When I point out these minor technical flaws, it is not to say I'd have done any better than you! Certainly not. I'd have encountered the self same difficulties as you did!

Nice ones, each with minor issues only.

The sun sure gave you a hard task in exposing exactly right, though in the first it worked. No part of the sand is blown. The only pity is that we get to see the shadow side of the gull and therefore no catchlight in its eyes.

In the second, while the ducks are nicely colourful, the foreground bit of sand is a bit blown, and composition-wise spoken they have no room to run into. The farthest right one will soon run "against" the frame.

And the scene of the take-off of the coot is cute, only did it just, only JUST, leave your area of focus, so the splashes and its feet are still inside that narrow strip of focus, and the head has left it already. I believe that it is incredibly difficult to pull off a photo like this EXACTLY right.

When I point out these minor technical flaws, it is not to say I'd have done any better than you! Certainly not. I'd have encountered the self same difficulties as you did!

Thank you very much for the critique. That is why I love coming to the site.

Thank you very much. Besides the Seagull, the other were a spur of the moment thing. I didn't think I could setup a picture that quickly.:lol:

Most reactions

Back