Birds eye

Discussion in 'General Critical Analysis' started by Holy Ghosted, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Holy Ghosted

Holy Ghosted TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    please let me know how I could improve this shot. Thanks
    [​IMG]

2. a5i736

a5i736 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It some what bugs me that he's smack dab in the middle of the frame, but what really bugs me is that the bird on the top has his head chopped off. Also on another note your photography logo is really big and it distracts me from your work, but thats personal preference.

3. Holy Ghosted

Holy Ghosted TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    the logo is actually just a watermark that came with it off the hosting page my real logo and copyright are in the bottom left corner in silver so try and ignore the watermark. I never realized the top bird and its head being cropped out thanks for the points.

4. Bobby Ironsights

Bobby Ironsights TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Dude, there's not much you couldn't do. I'm glad you're a christian, since I heard you guys have some sort of joy in your heart that "passes all understanding" or something to that effect.

Otherwise I'd feel bad about telling you just how bad this picture is, as I'm really not into hurting anyone's feelings.

This is bad, really bad. I can't tell you how to "save" it using photoshop, as when I make a shot like this, I just cringe, and don't bother printing it in the darkroom (I'm a film guy)

Let's see...your fill flash makes the bird look brighter (or digital equiv), but also like it's been photoshopped into the picture, and wasn't actually there when the picture was taken.

Your bokeh isn't bokeh enough, the background is too distracting.

You didn't actually take a picture of the entire animal....that's always a bit of a let down.

Your colours are muddy, the white's aren't actually very white, and the black has a blue sheen.

Now, somedays...you just didn't get the shot, and this was one of them, the quality is such that it actually should have been in the general gallery, not the serious gallery.

If it bothers you that this shot really didn't turn out, try this: I think to myself, if every shot were great, then I couldn't handle my negatives, so some shots are just meant to be a handle to hold my strip of negatives, without getting fingerprints on the one good shot on the strip.

Ok...I'm actually lying, I just thought that up right now, but the sentiment is sorta appropriate I think! Maybe that's what I'll tell myself next time I shoot a whole roll with only one half decent shot in the lot.

BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME!:hug::Have a hug!