Birds in a Pond...

bogleric

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just got my new Rebel XT yesterday and was playing with it tonight. It is amazing how different one camera can be from another in the art of shooting. I took some shots of a bird near the pond tonight hoping to get some general practice.

Any comments are appreciated..

Thanks

bird4_pf.jpg

bird6_pf.jpg

The composition is so spectacular.

The rule of the third is well applied in here with the bird occupying the middle one-third.

I just have further questionning in regards to the EXIF,

What was the focal length in these shots?
What made the colours difference between the shots?

I just got this camera in March and am really enjoying getting to know it. No pictures like these yet! The third one is really great!

HaMeD!caL:

These were taken with my EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM lens at 300mm.

As for the difference in color, this is my first camera that shoots RAW format. I adjusted the color balance on the first image and not number 2 or 3. I think the balance in the first image is more realistic. Or at least it seems that way on my monitor.

I am playing with my 18-55mm lens tonight... we will see what that brings.

Aoide:
A really good photographer once told me the biggest difference between a great picture and a bad picture is the number in between. In other words take lots of pictures and eventually you will find that works best for you. This Rebel XT is an awesome camera!

bogleric said:
These were taken with my EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM lens at 300mm.

Haha... I just asked a friend of mine about this lens. Now hopefully I can get two opinions in one night.

What do you think of it?

Keep in mind I have only had this lens and camera since Wednesday evening. I really like this lens so far. The autofocuser is fast and provides an excellent range to take semi-close and distance shots. For the money it is an excellent lens. The only downside I have so far is the zoom ring isn't quite as smooth in turning as I would prefer, but that is negligable.

I wish I could speak more technically about the lens, but to be honest I don't know alot about the intrecal details of a lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back