Ducklanding4455resized.jpg

4. Take off
Ducksinflight4292resized.jpg

5. Gull
FPPSeagullinflight4381resized.jpg

FPPSeagulloverwater4379resized.jpg

7. Heron
HeroninfltatEarlsPond4412resized.jpg

These shots avoided comments? I am surprised!
Far better than my attempts at getting birds in flight - you have a good knack for getting a good reach on the depth of field to get more of the wing sharp in frozen motion!
the first shot seems to have your best lighting - the others sadly suffer from either too much or too little - but that I more a weather and time of shooting aspect I feel. If you can getting out early or later in the evening - when the sun is lower you can get some nice soft lighting - not as strong as midday lighting so you won't get the highlight overexposure problems, and you should have just enough to work with without getting dark shots

Keep at it :)

I like the lighting on the first one.

Thank you Overread and Ocular. On a good day i get in around 5p. A few times I've jetted back out to "the pond" which is 10 miles away. A time or two there has been this lovely relaxing orange-e kind of late day light that is there shortly before all color is gone. That's when I got #1 I believe. Many times though it seems I'm out in the rain drops. I used to stay in but figure if i'm going to get out more than once in awhile, go when you can and ignore the weather. I figure there's something to be learned or figured out no matter what, although a vacation without rain would be nice. If you want to know when to travel, just go when I don't.

Here are a few of the originals of the above shots. As you can see, a good deal of my learning challenge is what to do once I come home.

1. Duck in evening light
DSC_4450.jpg

2. Duck landing in late evening
DSC_4455.jpg

3. Gull in sky on hazy overcast day.
DSC_4381.jpg

4. Gull over water on hazy overcast day.
DSC_4379.jpg

beautiful pics

#7 is the best. The rest are OK but they aren't much more than snapshots from a critique standpoint.

Thank you Overread and Ocular. On a good day i get in around 5p. A few times I've jetted back out to "the pond" which is 10 miles away. A time or two there has been this lovely relaxing orange-e kind of late day light that is there shortly before all color is gone. That's when I got #1 I believe. Many times though it seems I'm out in the rain drops. I used to stay in but figure if i'm going to get out more than once in awhile, go when you can and ignore the weather. I figure there's something to be learned or figured out no matter what, although a vacation without rain would be nice. If you want to know when to travel, just go when I don't.

Here are a few of the originals of the above shots. As you can see, a good deal of my learning challenge is what to do once I come home.

1. Duck in evening light

2. Duck landing in late evening

3. Gull in sky on hazy overcast day.

4. Gull over water on hazy overcast day.

#2 is the best here. Nice of you to underexpose a bit. Next step would be to sharpen the head just a bit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back