Birds on a wire

Hunter58

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
huntersphotography.zenfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know we don't like birds on wires but sometimes you just have to do it.

This Eastern Phoebe was singing away PHOEBE!, PHOEBE!, PHOEBE! so I said alright already I'll take your picture too!

p254671358-5.jpg

p29943196-5.jpg

While I'm at it I may as well throw in a Loggerhead Shrike for good measure

p184192416-5.jpg

p145241102-5.jpg

I like the way the wrapping wire frames the phoebe's tail in the second shot. All four are fine, wires or not.

We don't like birds on a wire????? I love birds on a wire. These are great shots.

Yeah, the second works especially well for the reason stated by Charlie. I also particularly like the pose in the third, although I do have a kind of prejudice about diagonals that go directly through the corners - I may have to attend some sort of program for this problem.

What's wrong with birds on wires? Hunter, I think these are great shots. I like how you get such great sharpness in your images.

WesternGuy

These are all great. The bird is just as interesting sitting on a wire as on a branch.

Good set :)
I feel if you were able to get on a more level ground with the birds they would look even better.
I'm just saying this because we're already looking up at them all the time.

I would be elated to get a picture of a Shrike, on a wire, a fencepost, or anything else!

These are excellent; well-exposed, sharp and interesting birds as well.
If they were mine, I might try portrait orientation and see how it looks.

And yeah, it's always great when we can get the bird in a natural setting, looking straight at you, on a level plane with you for a better perspective, and of course, a bonus if it'll do something really interesting like catch a bug or spread its wings out for effect.

But the birds don't seem to care a great deal about helping us with these things, and so we take the shots we can get!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back