Birth Announcement

rub

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Stopped by a clients house yesterday to see the new baby (2 days old) and took 2 quick picks for the announcements. This is the design my client choose (from several I did for her). This was the busiest design, and my least favorite of the bunch. When there I also snapped a shop of the nursery and playpen and then matched those colors to the design. Mom was thrilled! Going back next week to do a full newborn shoot!

4774_108432756182_551601182_3335604_4701088_n.jpg

Looks great! :) Just make sure your lab won't chop the edges :)

The client always picks your least favorite, its a law in the design world lol.

Is there a bleed built onto this? If you get it printed, you will need a bleed.

aaaaawwww! I think its GREAT! I love the colors as well as the pics! I would be thrilled to have that be my child's baby announcement!

Great job!

i think it looks really nice! well done.
information you may know already know starts here:
make sure you have enough of a bleed so you get your design to the edge after the cut. and i always try to leave about a quarter of an inch between text and cropped edge. looks like the text down the right side might be slightly close to the edge. many shops say an eighth is ok, but for safety sake we usually try to go a quarter inch if space provides.

again...looks very nice! :D

Thanks all - this was just the mock up - the files sent to print does have the bleed area, but thanks again for the reminder. I also find that 1/8 is never enough, and I do all mine with 1/4.

What i was saying is that you need to extend the artwork at least 1/8" beyond all the sides. Sure the text needs to be at least 1/4" from the edge to be safe. But the actual artwork itself needs to extend 1/8" beyond the cropped edge. For example if you were printing an 8.5" x 11" you would actually need to make the artwork 8.75" x 11.25"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back