Birth photography! So excited!

Thanks guys!

The B&W was something I decided to do after reading the reply here from SecondShot. I've always loved the feel of B&W images, and seeing that link set me on the idea before I headed over to the hospital. It just shows so much emotion =)

I have to admit, though.. next to working out color issues in a color image, doing a whole set in B&W feels like cheating LOL:lol:

Very nice! B&W isn't cheating, it's tough to get the right shades of black white and grey.

I can totally relate to your excitement, my best friend gave birth 2 weeks ago and allowed me to shoot the labor and delivery. I just posted a slideshow in the Pro section.

Fantastic job, absolutely fantastic. You nailed it, instead of worrying about lighting conditions etc you knew exactly what do and take photos of the emotional experience. Perfect!

Thanks guys!

The B&W was something I decided to do after reading the reply here from SecondShot. I've always loved the feel of B&W images, and seeing that link set me on the idea before I headed over to the hospital. It just shows so much emotion =)

I have to admit, though.. next to working out color issues in a color image, doing a whole set in B&W feels like cheating LOL:lol:

B&W isn't cheating! Editing B&W I find harder, you can get some fantastic dramatic B&W shots by playing with the colour balance, raising the saturation and changing the hue of the reds, greens, yellows etc

Haha, lots of old threads being pulled up lately.. But thanks again for the compliments =) This was still my favorite photography experience ever!

And congratulations to your best friend, Missdaisy! I saw the sideshow you posted, wasn't it amazing to be there to photograph it all? =)

Great photos! I'm glad this thread was "pulled to the top", as my sister is going to be giving birth to her 3rd baby girl in a few short weeks, and I'm going to ask if she would allow me to take a few photographs. I think it would be great to try to catch the emotion in the room in the faces of my sister, the father, and the other kids after the new baby girl arrives.

Again, great work, I'm really impressed.

Most reactions

Back