Birth photography

rwilliams

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A friend asked me to photograph her while giving birth to her baby girl. I've never done anything like this before, she was aware of that, and it was definitely an amazing, learning experience.

I gave her close to 90 photos and here's a few of my favorites. I don't expect CC on each photo, but any comments or suggestions overall are welcome :)

Attachments

• Facebook3.jpg
    Facebook3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 199
  • Facebook6.jpg
    Facebook6.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 169
  • Facebook10.jpg
    Facebook10.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 199
  • Facebook11.jpg
    Facebook11.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 214
  • Facebook12.jpg
    Facebook12.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 179
  • Facebook14.jpg
    Facebook14.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 182
  • Facebook15.jpg
    Facebook15.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 183
  • Baby Pogue (76).jpg
    Baby Pogue (76).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 177
better you than me.

Ooo... Yeah... I held a video camera for a delivery once...

Once...

Nice work!

Nice photos! Though I don't understand why anyone would want to be photographed while in labor.

Ooo... Yeah... I held a video camera for a delivery once...

Once...

Nice work!

Oh, I loved it. I had tears running down behind my camera. But maybe that's just because I have baby fever.

The tilt I think got overused, and there are too many distractions (people and/or objects cut off, etc.) - I'd think about the framing, the compositions could have been cleaner and the perspective and balance of the image could have been better in some.

Love it. Yeah, the comments about distractions is absolutely true. But ultimately, you have to accept the environment for what it is. Great work on your part and thanks for sharing.

The tilt I think got overused, and there are too many distractions (people and/or objects cut off, etc.) - I'd think about the framing, the compositions could have been cleaner and the perspective and balance of the image could have been better in some.

Yeah, there wasn't much I could do to control the environment. I was constantly weaving and bobbing around nurses so the angles weren't always perfect.

You did a great job considering the hectic environment of child birth
I haven't looked at the pics because I'm way beyond that point. But they'll be great, cherished memories for her.

As a mom, I would have loved to have shots like these. As for the distractions and backgrounds, its part of the story. i think you did a great job.

great work! love it....may God give you success in you work!

Being a mother myself, I would have absolutely loved these pictures. These are the moments that are soon lost and forgotten. Great job!

What a wonderful set! Im sure the parents will cherish these forever. I would have loved to have something like this of my kiddos, but I am afraid I would have looked nowhere near as lovely as your subject in these. Job well done in a less that ideal shooting environment.

I think you did great, they will love these <3 I am a birth photographer, it is my favorite thing to shoot!

I love them! I did my first birth photo shoot about a month ago, and I think you captured it well. For the mom you forget so much about the little details and you don't even see them right when they are born half the time. This is the type of photography I want to get into. It's about capturing the feeling of the day, not getting the perfect shot. Although I do agree the tilt was overused.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back