Birthday Girl

Holly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did this shoot for a friend I havent seen in 10 years.. Her little one is just a doll! :) Im happy with the results of these photos.. Her 3 year old daughter.. NOW Mind U.. I have 4 boys.. SO When She asked me to do her photos I was in HEAVEN!! :)

m1a.jpg

m12.jpg

m9a.jpg

m8.jpg

m2.jpg

m5-1.jpg

m4.jpg

m3-1.jpg

Thanks 4 looking!

Great shots! My only critique is the second one is a bit too extreme an angle for my tastes. Great otherwise!

I like them except in the first one, her eyes look fake. Needs a little eye glint or something.

Im really glad you mentioned that...

" her eyes look fake."

I was playing with Red Eye removal and I could NOT get it to look right.... Was hoping someone would notice it!! I will certainly play with it more.. Not sure why I cant get it right..

Yeah, now that you say it was red eye removal.. I understand why I thought something looked wrong. Thats not easy. I have always ended up going in and spending time doing it by hand in Photoshop.

Nice shots and she really looks like a doll in some of the shots. I really like the look of #2 but the angle is to much and makes me crank my head to the right.

Eric

gorgeous holly... love the composition in #1 (but did notice the 'eyes'!!), and apart from the huge angle in #2, this is definitely my favourite,.... what modes/settings did you use for this shot??? Looks pretty perfect to me.. The new camera is obviously working for you xx

What a sweet girl to photograph, and she is so photogenic! I too love the second (perhaps less of an angle though, but that has been mentioned)

I am curious to whether you will allow me to post some edits, as I have lately been looking through child photos as next month a family member has asked me to take pictures of his girls, so I just want to try out some 'common editing trends'.

I Do not mind nope!! I myself have not edited any of these except the Red Eyes... I Will also play with the angle in 2.. Was trying something different :) THANKS every one

Jemmy Modes... The outdoor ones were manual .. ISO 200 SS400 OR more F 1.4

The indoor ones I had to use my auto.. It was not bright enough in there.. :)

OK.. here are my edits.. Please tell me if you like them better or not ;)

#2 bad angle turned

m13a.jpg

#1 eyes looked fake so edited those

m14a.jpg

Much prefer your edits, especially with the second photo.

So these are just some quick 5 min. edits in which I used levels, saturation, contrast, and a tad bit of white balance. I have been noticing that the new 'look' for child photography is mostly one of making their skin tones almonst 'angelic' white and making their eye colour pop. (I think they generally do this by burning the eyes in photoshop but I might be wrong). When I lightened some of these, unfortunately most of them look like the flash was fire just too strongly, but I am certain you will be able to edit them differently if you were going for the same look.
(Sorry about the edit on her eyes here. She looks a tad bit stunned)
m9a.jpg

m12.jpg

m5-1.jpg

m2.jpg

Thanks Peanuts! Not to bad.. Just to bright for me.. I think.. Well the skin tones anyway.. And yes the eyes are very strong for my liking... BUT they arent to bad at all

Most reactions

New Topics

Back