Bit of a shocker...

Mustlovedragons

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
and completely off topic (and don't really expect anyone to give a hoot, lol) but I just got home from having a total of 22" cut off my hair and a change in color. I went from sitting on my hair to (feeling like I am) looking ready for boot camp. Gonna be quite an adjustment. Just a bit unsettled. Thanks for "listening". :er:

Did the color change from shock? ;)

Give it some time, it will grow on you...:mrgreen:

P.S. - were you donating your locks?

P.S. - were you donating your locks?

Actually, I was going to but was told it's not "right" for donation because it's color-treated and naturally curly. Other than the stylist, I wouldn't know who else to ask. I do have a disconnected 20" pony tail, now, though. She cut it off right above the braid, then clipped the other 2.5" from what was left. Suggestions in case she was wrong?

My condolences. I feel your pain, but not as bad as you must. A couple of years ago I got 12" cut off and this past another 7" whacked. It still hits my shoulders, but just not quite the same. That, and a lot more grey. :lol:

I'm doing this next week. Lol must be the season. I'm not sure how short I will go but definetly doing a dramatic color change. Currently its down to almost by jean waistband when wet and I'm sick of it getting wrapped underneath me when I sleep.

WHERE ARE THE PICS... lol.

I'm pretty sure you can donate it even if colored.

"Hair that is colored or permed is acceptable."
Locks of Love

Would be a nice thing to do. And to jump on the bandwagon - where are the before and after pics? :)

For all those saying they are about to do the same thing, I wish you luck. It feels liberating at the same time as it feels like a punch to the stomach. Odd feeling, I assure you, lol. It is especially scary to do something this drastic at 42. I guess I've lost that adventurous edge, a bit, from when I was younger.

Thanks for the info on locks of love. I guess I'll try that more direct route. I'm happy to try.

Ok, here is a before the cut and after duo.

FROM THIS...

TO THIS...

OMG! That's a lot of hair, gone...lol.

wow, that was an extreme change! Looks good though.

Wow, not sure I can compete with that lol. I admire you for such a bold change. i think if I came home with that much less hair my husband my die of a heart attack and we don't have a good enough life insurance policy yet. :sexywink:

Wow, not sure I can compete with that lol. I admire you for such a bold change. i think if I came home with that much less hair my husband my die of a heart attack and we don't have a good enough life insurance policy yet. :sexywink:

My husband's reaction was, well, shall we say "less than pleased" and let it go at that. He did pity me, though, bc it was always getting caught on stuff, being shut in doors, getting yanked at night, etc. At least he understands why I wanted it gone.

Paris Hilton would say "That's hawt"

Wow, You've got some balls cutting all your hair off! :biglaugh: My hairs just passed my ass and It gets on my damn nerves.. id love to cut it.. but i think id have a heart attack , HAHA!

Seriously though, it looks AMAZING! love it! :thumbup:

So in re: to locks of love. When my mother cut of her 46 inches of a pony tail ( Yes, 46 inches...lol) Thick, naturally curly, untouched by dyes. Locks of love practically fought the beauty parlor for it--who wanted to sell it for resell for wigs... she finally got it to locks of love, and they adored her long ass pony tail and were very grateful. I dont see why they would deny your hair unless its like super chemically fried and crunchy?!...

Id give Locks of Love a call, and bypass the beautician.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back