Bitter and sweet

Tangerini

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am both extremely happy and extremely sad.

Yesterday I got to pick out a present that will no doubt be my last for many, many gift giving occasions. On Thursday they will be delivering my new piano! I am beside myself. I haven't had a piano to play for nearly ten years, and I had not dreamed of owning one of my very own for a long time.

However, as excited as I am about its arrival, it's a hard thing to look forward to. Between now then we will have to put our dog down. :(
She is rapidly being overcome by kidney failure. This choice we've had to make is the first hard one I've had to make in my adult life. It's also the first time I've wished not to carry the responsibility that rests on my shoulders.

Congratulations about the new piano!

I'm very sorry to hear that about your dog. I haven't yet had to experience something like that... but most do eventually. I hope everything turns out okay (okay as things can be.) :( :hug::

:cry: Oh Tangerini :hugs:
This is sad.
Whenever I read about such an important decision someone has to make I think about the fact that in all likelihood we are going to survive our cat, too, and will one day (in hopefully not too soon a future) have to make the same decision. Maybe. And it fills me with horror! Even when only THINKING of it!

As to the piano.
Wow!
So you play?
I wish I had been less lazy and more hard-working when I was young so I'd now be able to play an instrument. Piano would be my favourite. But now that must remain a distant yearning for me... so I sing. That's all I can do.

Thank you all for your support, I greatly appreciate it. :hugs:

Lafoto, yes I play though I'm sure given how long it's been it won't sound very nice at first. It's never too late to learn something new, don't count yourself out just yet!

Hugs to you for a tough loss! Losing a friend is one of the toughest things in life. :hug::

Most reactions

Back