Bitter Jeweler and minions will love this. Sony A550 is TOAST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've known Nikons and Canons to be dead in the water after very little use - heck sometimes they arrive damaged. You always get the unlucky situations - shouting and being unreasonable about it isn't going to fix things.

As has been said did you try to resolve the issue with the shop you bought it from (still well within warranty) rather than Sony direct? And further more 10 days isn't all that long for a repair rate (that's what under two weeks) and most estimations are overestimantions (excepting more intensive damage to the unit).

Sony makes a camera? :scratch: I thought they only made ugly little robots.

How do we know this isn't all because of user error? Not that I care, really. I'm just curious to know. You can barely post images on the web correctly.

The way I see it is, I have never even SEEN a Sony film camera ( maybe they exist, but not in my world ) so WHY THE F**K would I think that they would know more about building a digital camera than Canon and Nikon? I mean many of the same principles and properties carry over. Its just a matter of buying the digital parts and engineering it. Sony's product quality has gone down the drain. All of their stuff is rubbish. Just look at their home theater and home stereo stuff. Its all overpriced garbage. Sony has their hand in one too many pies. Ever hear the saying "Jack of all trades, king of none" ?? Canon and Nikon ONLY deal with imaging products, thats their bread and butter. Why would ANYONE think sony would do it better? Cause they invented the walkman!?

It sucks to be you, and for the cash you dropped, I would be pissed too. However, just like anything in life, you need to learn from it and move on. I mean, I don't think their turnaround was too terrible, but why you would have to send in a brand new camera to begin with says enough about their product. So get it repaired and sell it so you can get a Canon or a Nikon.

I know exactly how you feel. I was scammed pretty bad lately by a company, and the store wouldnt take it back either. I bought a 24 pack of twin pops and two of the packs were missing their popcicle sticks!! Mind you these are twin pops so thats actually 4 missing sticks. Well you know food products can't be taken back to the store so I am stuck grappling a frozen treat with my mits! The horror it has been.

Oh, I see, he's irate over a ten day turnaround time.

:biglaugh:

No , I'm irate because the POS broke in less than 30 days.
Lets see, I ordered it on august 3rd.
I received it on August 13th for a grand total of 21 days in my possession and then it craps out.

How long is it going to last next time around???
Another 21 days?????

I need a backup Camera.
It won't be a Sony.

Seriously, if you're getting this bent out of shape over a camera conking out, I'm afraid what you'll do when you encounter real-life problems. On a scale of worth-getting-upset-over to not-worth-getting-upset-over, this falls into the definitely-not-worth-getting-upset-over-at-all category.

How do we know this isn't all because of user error? Not that I care, really. I'm just curious to know. You can barely post images on the web correctly.

What am I gonna have to do here?
Put you in the time out box?

It's not user error.

Will you please get real BEFORE the next time you post on one of my threads.

Ouch, sorry bud to hear that... thats all I gotta say.

IXLR8, you'll always have people posting in your thread that you don't want there. Unless you are aiming to start a long, drawn-out argument that leads to absolutely no where because this is the interworldwebnet (my word), then you'll just have to ignore them and focus on the posts that you're looking for.

Honestly, I'm not sure what you were aiming for with this post anyway other than maybe some, "Oh dude that sucks"s....

I'm gonna have to agree here and say whoa sounds like an overreaction. Sure anyone would be annoyed to have a faulty device after only 21 days, but a 10-day turnaround isn't bad at all and it surely isn't something to go cussing at some poor CSR over when he's probably never even seen the device he's talking to you about anyway.

Take a deep breath, close your eyes, and picture something calming. :er:

Most of you guys have no internets...
Watch this. Learn a lesson. Apply what you have learnt...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pESOSI2hTA[/ame]

IXLR8, you'll always have people posting in your thread that you don't want there. Unless you are aiming to start a long, drawn-out argument that leads to absolutely no where because this is the interworldwebnet (my word), then you'll just have to ignore them and focus on the posts that you're looking for.

Honestly, I'm not sure what you were aiming for with this post anyway other than maybe some, "Oh dude that sucks"s....

I'm gonna have to agree here and say whoa sounds like an overreaction. Sure anyone would be annoyed to have a faulty device after only 21 days, but a 10-day turnaround isn't bad at all and it surely isn't something to go cussing at some poor CSR over when he's probably never even seen the device he's talking to you about anyway.

Take a deep breath, close your eyes, and picture something calming. :er:

Will you please spare me this critique- drama?
I know you're a girl and all that stuff, and I'm trying to be nice.
You're also bitter jewelers lap puppy.
Now please. I am asking you nicely, DON'T START UP.
By nature women love me. Madam I am certian you are married and I only ask that you be faithful to your husband.
Incidentally....how long have you been married to BJ?
I will take his woman if only to prove a point. So be warned fair maiden, I am much younger than he and able to plow the fields until the wee hours of the mornings.

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back