Bitter's Evil School of Photography.

If there are so many people that want to do this why not try to start another one? You just need someone to step up and run it.
I would start one if I could. But, I have carpal tunnel, so I cannot type for any length of time. I would co-lead a second group if there was anyone else who would be willing to do it~

From his initial post:

If you are interested, PM me 5 of your most awesome images. Tell me why each is awesome. Tell me why I should pick you. I will review your work and select the 8 people to join the "school". I am initially giving an entry deadline of Wednesday, February 24th. Depending on the response, I may close submission early, or extend it.

Oh, I get that it was never a hard date. I'm just a little disappointed because I thought I had more time, and never got around to submitting.

Plus, it's okay 'cause I doubt I'd've been selected anyhow.

Why am I only seeing this thread now? :(

Would of loved to participate, but oh well.

Great initiative Bitter!

Oh, I get that it was never a hard date. I'm just a little disappointed because I thought I had more time, and never got around to submitting.

Plus, it's okay 'cause I doubt I'd've been selected anyhow.
Pugs, I have seen some of your pictures and I think you might be too good of a photographer to qualify for this school. :lol:
But really, I think total noobs such as myself would benefit more from something like this.

Sorry, I closed the application early. If this goes well, I will do it again.
If I find it not as time consuming, maybe I will start a second group midway through the first. One thought is that I don't want to innundate the forum with so many CC threads of basically the same subject matter.

I won't be posting images from the applications. I won't be giving the criteria for acceptance. Each person was looked at as having different things to learn or even offer the group. I think I have a good mix of beginners, and those that know how to work their camera and are looking for a creative challenge. I only hope that everyone comes away with something from this.

I think there has been some confusion. Members of the group will be given a project. I will discuss the main element of the project, and each member will be posting the results in their own CC thread here on the forum. Each member has to then CC each others work. There will however be a discussion thread IN the group, for any questions, help, guidance, etc, for each project.

I am experiencing some back pain right now, so I haven't been able to get the discussion group set up appropraitely. I will send PM's of acceptance, and then wait for an invite to the group.

You will post your result for each project right here in this forum.
Everything else happens in a forum Social Group, that is invite only.

Damn, not accepted. Goodluck to those that were and i look forward to seeing your projects!

*sigh*
I had a really hard time makng my choices. Even though I may come off as a hard ass, I didn't want to hurt any feelings. I think some of you have/had higher expectations of what I am doing. I am going to be doing my best to cover the foundations of design and composition, and to try to get people to think a little beyond the subject. I am still a beginner myself, but I think I have something to offer to help boost others. Some of you that applied seem to be beyond the projects I am offering, some of you couldn't follow directions, some of you were simply too new. I did try to select a larger range than just strictly beginners. As this is an experiment, I will learn better from the outcome of who to choose next time.

It's funny how complicated this get's.
Sometimes I think "oh god, what have I gotten myself into?"
I have to live up to how awesome you think I am.
Just go with the flow.

Thanks for your consideration Bitter.
I did not get accepted but good luck to the lucky 8.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back