Black and White Film Questions

Blairc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,

Can anyone suggest a decent Black and White Film that is available in the UK, possibly for mail order? I was looking at Ilford film on mx2.co.uk, is that a decent price?

Blair

It's probably way too soon in your b&w photo exploration to do this, but later, if you find that you're shooting lots of rolls of 35mm b&w, do consider bulk loading [it's surprisingly simple] and developing your own negatives [ditto].

Thanks for the link, Steph, I'll probably order some of there. Torus, I probably won't be shooting loads and loads anyway, just a new thing for me to try.

Blair

Another vote for 7dayshop.co.uk - Good prices (No VAT!) Just allow a few days for the delivery because I think it goes overland via France.

Have fun!

Yet another recommendation for 7dayshop. Good prices on 35mm and 120. As for decent films to start with, Ilford FP4, HP5, Delta, Kodak TMAX or Fuji Neopan are all good.

It's probably way too soon in your b&w photo exploration to do this, but later, if you find that you're shooting lots of rolls of 35mm b&w, do consider bulk loading [it's surprisingly simple] and developing your own negatives [ditto].

Is it possible for me to bulk load without a dark room?

Is it possible for me to bulk load without a dark room?

Yes. You need a changing bag, a film loader, and a 100' roll of film. Put the loader and film in the bag and take the loader apart. take the film out of the tin and then out of the plastic bag. drop the film into the loader and pull the end of the film throught the light trap. put the lid back on the loader and remove it from the bag. viola! then you simply load the film into the cassettes, snap the cover back on the loader, and load the film. It's really easy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back