Black and White or Colour?

DanBMX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure which i prefer it in... Any Crit is welcome too:)

B&W

DSC_0056-1.jpg

Colour

DSC_0056-3.jpg

new colour edit is in, made it brighter as suggested, any better?

Last edited:
For me, neither. Doesn't have a focal point...

Theres not enough Contrast for Black and white. and there isnt really a Focal point.
Maybe Play about with the Contrast in Ps it might improve it a little.

Besides the issue with the composition, you have an image that in grayscale terms is very limiting. Maybe 3 stops which isn't going to convert into a wonderful full scale blacka and white image.

That is why , imho, one has to think in gray scale BEFORE, firing the shutter.

I opened it in photoshop and gave it about 2 exposure stops worth of brightness. It looks much better brighter I think. If you then want to convert to black and white, I'd recommend doing it with a green filter effect (turning the green channel almost white) to make the leaves and moss stand out.

I opened it in photoshop and gave it about 2 exposure stops worth of brightness. It looks much better brighter I think. If you then want to convert to black and white, I'd recommend doing it with a green filter effect (turning the green channel almost white) to make the leaves and moss stand out.

okay, thanks, i appreciate the comments that dont jsut say whats wrong, but give tips on how to make it better, i will go and have a play with it in lightroom:)

Thanks.

You might try a crop on the plant next to the log, that would create a focal point. Then bring up the brightness in Photoshop

The big tall one in the center?

Most reactions

Back