Black and White Park - reattempted, again.

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
medium.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/image/34520572
1/90s f/4.8 at 6.0mm iso100

I went back, and I took a bunch of pictures from different perspectives and I think this is the best of the bunch.

I really like the contrast of this one as well. I was going through the red, green and blue channels to see what was the best, and it looked a bit grey, so my intention was to use levels or hue/saturation to incrase the darkness but I thought what if I duplicated the layer, and set the layer mode to screen or multiply or something, and multiply was to much so I reduced the opacity and I got what I wanted. Buuuut I didnt like having a layer that was a copy of the previous layers, so I played around with the channel mixer and I duplicated the copy red layer effect. It came out with more contrast but I think I prefer it that way. Im just wondering if I made it look under exposed.

Very good shot. I remember your prior post ( from what I can recall) this picture looks better due to a better angle and less elements. Good compostion. I like how the end of the walkway ends up centre of photograph all the lines and framing lead my eye straight down that path while meandering left to right. Well worth the reshoot.

There is a white dot above the bench and when I look at the bench the dot distracts me. it's an easy fix and I think it would be worthwhile. I am being picky cause it is such a good picture.

The picture you posted is too small, when I clicked on the url and seen that picture it looked so much better. Maybe its the background and a larger picture but the sharpness and contrast looks so much better in the url

Good point about the dot over the bench, I didnt see that.

When you open the picture in pbase, there are different versions that can be seen, sometimes the largest isnt selected automatically, so "original" should be clicked on. But the version there isnt to large, only 600 pixels wide.

I use to post them at 800 pixels but now that I dont have my copyright notice on the image itself, ive decided to reduce the image size.

*re-reads what you said*. hehe, misunderstood, thought you meant the linked image was small as well. So nevermind about the above statement, hehe.

Thanks for the critique. :0)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back