black and white

mintwin101

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am not sure if this is the right forum or not and im sorry if its not. So i am getting a film slr in a few weeks, but as of now i am using a digital point and shoot. I was experimenting today with black and white and was wondering how these photos are.

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00204.jpg
\

DSC00195.jpg

as far as contrast goes, i think they are pretty nice. especially the last one. i think they could be a little sharper.

when shooting with black and white film or in fact using digital (black/white); one needs to think differently. You have to be aware of how tones will relate in black and white rather than in color.

your first two image have a problem as the tonal range is basically the same vs the last one.

you have green trees , green grass, brown trees, and some blue sky that with black and white translate to almost the same tone of gray which then equal flat, dull images.

black and white is a beautiful medium , however, one needs to train the brain to th ink a bit differently.

have fun with it , it just takes practice.

when shooting with black and white film or in fact using digital (black/white); one needs to think differently. You have to be aware of how tones will relate in black and white rather than in color.

your first two image have a problem as the tonal range is basically the same vs the last one.

you have green trees , green grass, brown trees, and some blue sky that with black and white translate to almost the same tone of gray which then equal flat, dull images.

black and white is a beautiful medium , however, one needs to train the brain to th ink a bit differently.

have fun with it , it just takes practice.

probably the most useful and simple explanation ever.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back