Black Ant Stack

#2. It has better balance. Great capture and post work on both.

Lol thanks!

I think the balance in the black background and the enhanced tan hair on the head... it rocks. Not to mention the hair teeth... bizarro and lovin it. Nominated Aug POTM

Another vote for #2. They are both great. Curious, did you use a tube or close up filter on these?

Thanks!
I used my MP-E 65mm at 4X magnification on a Canon 70D.

Nice. I'd say I wish there was an ultra macro in a K mount but then my wish list would just go even higher. There's a Chinese model out that's rated at 2X but no real world reviews

If you are refering to the Venus/laowa 60mm 2x I saw Thomas Shahan's review of it and he seemed to like it. I really have a lot of respect for him. It's definitely priced well. I have their 15mm 1:1 wide angle macro and like it! It might be something to consider.

If you google "Venus 60mm Thomas Shahan" you should fine a video of his review of this lens.

you are refering to the Venus/laowa 60mm 2x I saw

Yup that's the one. I already have so many "I want" items on my list, that I guess one more won't hurt.

They both look good to me, although I think I like the wider take on the first one.

What lens are you using?

#2 for me, it is like the ant is emerging from the darkness. I am amazed at how close you can get in, what lens do you use?

Thanks!

For these I used a Canon MP-E 65mm on 70D and two speed lights.

Most reactions

Back