Black Body Dig-Rebel/300D???

I saw something about it a while back...can't remember where, but yeah, I do believe it's legit. Just wish I coulda gotten one so my bf and I didn't have the exact same cam!

It was for the jap market only up until about a month ago.

Now the black one is available in north america too.

Cheers

It's available in the UK too... it's a bit more expensive as it's black body and comes with a battery grip and a few other bits and bobs that don't come with the silver one as far as I'm aware but yeah it's totally legit.

If so I am glad they have a black body now. It might sound silly but I have been thinking seriously about getting one but I hate that they make some cameras now with the silver body which is bascially painted silver. I like black camera bodies. Black is beautiful. Now if they would stick to letter and number model names and stop calling them silly names like rebel and elan.

BernieSC said:
Now if they would stick to letter and number model names and stop calling them silly names like rebel and elan.
...we know it as the EOS 300 and 300D, but I think that Canon Rebel has a better ring to it. They could use the tag-line "let us bring out the Rebel in you!" which kinda doesn't work with "let us bring out the EOS 300 in you!" :lol:

Yeah i guess marketing is more important than a technical name. I just went on BH photos web site they have them in the black body but of course they are more expensive. It has a more professional look though, like a totally different camera.

John Orrell said:
BernieSC said:
Now if they would stick to letter and number model names and stop calling them silly names like rebel and elan.
...we know it as the EOS 300 and 300D, but I think that Canon Rebel has a better ring to it. They could use the tag-line "let us bring out the Rebel in you!" which kinda doesn't work with "let us bring out the EOS 300 in you!" :lol:

I hate slogans altogether :(

Anyways, I would have considered the 300D if it was available in black when I bought my D70. I work with a lot of glass (Food and Winery Advertising) so I needed a black body. Oh well :(

DocFrankenstein said:
Scurra said:
It's available in the UK too... it's a bit more expensive as it's black body and comes with a battery grip and a few other bits and bobs that don't come with the silver one as far as I'm aware but yeah it's totally legit.
Never heard of it. :?

300D is exactly the same camera no matter what color they painted it. And the grip is not included.

Where did you hear this?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...mp;A=details&Q=&sku=359145&is=REG

In the UK, click here

Scurra said:

Whose been shopping at Jessops?!

Most reactions

Back