Reaction score
Website
tjs-photographs.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
cat_crawl_by_tjs_photographs-d9v7271.jpg

cat_eyes_by_tjs_photographs-d9v72tq.jpg

Please tell me what you think

There's some kind of reflection on the window glass.

First; you caught a nice pose, but the gate is distracting and you nearly clipped the paw with your frame.

Second; cat looking up is kind of strange, and there is extra space on the right that is not contributing to the composition.

You have to clean your sensor. Something stuck to it right in the middle, it is hard to fully enjoy your creations.
Second thing your cat has hepatitis so strong, that it even shows in black and white picture.

Like budget crunchers I like the pose in the first pic. Selective coloring is something done to individual taste, me personally I'm not a big fan. This image in particular, presented in color would have still provided plenty of contrast for the cats eyes because his fur is black. So if it were me I'd have left this in color, ymmv of course.

As bc also mentioned the second crop seems a bit odd because we can't see what the cat is looking at. We don't see the persons face or expression so it feels like something is missing.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Well done. Very nice images. I would have backed out on the first shot just a hair.

I like the second, cat is very expressive. I even like the selective color selection. But dude... the watermark.. Too much, too much. Maybe back it off a bit?

If your watermark makes you happy, then to heck with everyone else.
Don't force yourself into someone else's box just because they are afraid to push boundaries.
Be true to you.

Don't force yourself into someone else's box just because they are afraid to push boundaries.
Be true to you.

Using a huge watermark is pushing boundaries now? Lol.

Be true to you.

Using a huge watermark is pushing boundaries now? Lol.
It must be, look at the outcry it's receiving. lol
Personally I don't think it matters one iota, but some folks evidently do.
I am able to look right past it as if it wasn't there.

The only selective color I've done was of our black cat when he was alive (same as yours - the eyes). I used oil paint on a silver print.

The location of the watermark is very distracting. I think it degrades what could be an enjoyable photo.

That is watermark ?!?! I was sure it was a smudge on the sensor. What the purpose of such a watermark ?

Can't really get past the watermark to enjoy the photo. Very frustrating.

Its so funny to me that for people with an artists trained eye, there are so many that can't control the way they see. Whenever the watermark issue is raised, it points out who is able to control their vision, and who just sees the first thing in front of them.
It's the Forrest and the trees debate and there's always a few tree seers.
Next people will complain about the ghost image of their noses distracting them from enjoying anything. Or that their lashes are a problem.
Learn to see. :)
Again, nice pics. The second shows how happy he is to be able to completely trust the person holding and protecting him.

Its so funny to me that for people with an artists trained eye, there are so many that can't control the way they see. Whenever the watermark issue is raised, it points out who is able to control their vision, and who just sees the first thing in front of them.
It's the Forrest and the trees debate and there's always a few tree seers.
Next people will complain about the ghost image of their noses distracting them from enjoying anything. Or that their lashes are a problem.
Learn to see. :)
Again, nice pics. The second shows how happy he is to be able to completely trust the person holding and protecting him.
Well for those of us who post process pictures we actually train ourselves to spot imperfections and those things that detract from the photograph so they can be removed.

Not sure how training yourself to ignore them would be considered a benefit.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Since when is something deliberately added to an image the same as a natural imperfection, that's what you need to train the eye to differentiate.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back