Black Friday

clemeys said:
It's the day when many retail businesses get out of operating in the red (loosing money) and start showing a profit....for the whole year...pretty crazy huh!

It's the day after Thanksgiving...the single most busiest shopping day of the year. Most places in the U.S. have HUUUGE sales with hot ticket items at rock bottom prices...stores often open super early to accomodate all the shoppers, and usually STILL there are people lined up at the door to get in. One of my jobs is doing the bookwork for my step-dads construction company...I was talking to one of our reps from a large chain hardware store (Menards), and he said last year, it was 4:30 in the morning when he got to work...the store didn't even open til 5am, and there was already abou 40 or so people waiting outside. When the doors opened, it instantly went from silence, to madhouse...he said it was sooo comical seeing ladies with shopping carts make wide running turns around the corner looking for the TVs and DVD players they had on sale. Funny stuff. Unless I'm forced to work, I avoid any retail facility at all costs.

It's like competitive shopping...it's actually a lot of fun, and the stuff is so cheap it's worth it...but all the internet ads are still showing those stinkin iPod nanos price at 199, that's no deal at all...that's normal price...

Oy vey... so I have to be up at 3:30am tomorrow, out the door by 4, to stand in line at Best Buy at 4:30. A good friend is meeting me (I'm SOOO EXCITED I haven't seen her in months!), and it's gonna be awesome! But I told myself I'd finish her Christmas present by tomorrow, and I slacked off today... so it looks like I'm going to be up three or four more hours working on it. O_O

I did the best but thing a couple of years ago... 200 free CD-Rs and $150 off a program. Good luck, and holy crap! I thought I was the only one still online

clarinetJWD said:
I did the best but thing a couple of years ago... 200 free CD-Rs and $150 off a program. Good luck, and holy crap! I thought I was the only one still online

FFffft, it's only 11pm here! But I am headed to bed now... there's no hope of finishing her drawing by tomorrow!

But if anyone wants to see progres... =)
http://www.deviantart.com/view/25633318/

andreag5 said:
in this family, it's tradition to stay INSIDE the house on black friday

That WOULD be my tradition...if I didn't have to WORK RETAIL!!!! Please...everyone..seriously...pity me.

I just got back too, and I had the best morning in SOOO LONG! Oh my goodness, I feel great. Erin's been away at college and I've missed her so much, we had a blast this morning. We stood in line at Best Buy for forty five minutes, only to buy one DVD for $3.99! :p Then we just hit a couple other stores but didn't buy anything... we ended up just driving around town in the dark, singing along really loudly to songs we don't know, and walking out to this gorgeous spot to watch the sunrise.

=)

It's crazy out there. I'll stay inside, nice and warm. I will not resume shopping untill about the middle of next week when it's "safe" out there. LOL

Black Friday put a serious dent in my pocket, and I only went to 1 store. Best buy sold me a 46" HDTV, Home Theatre System, a stand, warrenty, and a whole bunch of other crap for the above listed. All said and done just over 3K. Please pity me and my new big screen. :popcorn:

I avoided the shopping mayhem....with an 11 hour road trip with three kids (two cranky ones and a semi-innocent one I feel guilty for subjecting to the other two). Went to Cathedral Caverns. Only a 2 1/2 hour drive but by the time we got there - did the nearly 2 hour tour - got lost hunting a state-owned lookout for bald eagles - ate - got home - it was 11 hours. Left at 8:30 this AM - got home at 7:30 PM. I'm exhaused!!!

Most reactions

Back