Black Sunday

mad_malteaser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been at work for the last 12 hours and have witnessed the passing of more people than I would care to admit.

I always find it hard to believe people can die when it's such a beautiful day outside, but in a strange way it gives me a whole new appreciation for life.

Tell me how your Sunday's were - I need cheering up! :confused:

What exactly do you do mad? What ever it is- you are a badazz mofo to stomach such a sight.

My sunday so freakin far...
woke up at 7:30ish with a bad belly ache. at 9:30 i started cutting grass and finished at noonish...then i went to work and here i sit doing payroll for the afternoon, while all of my new employees freak out because of a missing book or something. I have mon and tues off so it's gonna be a anime break for 48hrs. Samurai champloo here i come!!! :mrgreen:

Nice day...kind of hot in MS though.

I hope yer day turns out to be better than the previous 12 hours.

I had yesterday off, and today as well...woke up today looking forward to a day of cleaning and cooking. My landlord came over this morning to try and replace a faucette in my bathroom..the faucette doesn't fit...damn! It was a nice lookin faucette! Oh well...he'll come back probably next weekend.

I haven't gotten much cleaning done today (cleaned out my car entirely yesterday, and washed it and vacuumed it...not a small task, as it had been a VERRRY long time since it had been done!)...getting ready to start on it now..then I'm roasting a chicken, and making Fruit Salsa and Chips for dessert! Mmmmm...looking forward to spending this evening with my handsome boyfriend.

Malteaser...I'm gonna guess you work in either a hospital or a nursing home..my first job was at a nursing home, so to an extent, I think I can sympathize with what you are going through. It does really suck doesn't it? Cheer up...it'll get better.

Thanks guys for reminding me that there are plenty of people out there having good days. Sometimes it's easy to think that because I'm having a bad day, so is everybody else.

I work for the ambulance service. I wish I could say it was an old people's home, but nearly everyone I've seen die today has been far too young. Still, it comes to us all at some stage I suppose.

whether or not we want to admit or not, death's design is indiscriminating.

im really sorry that you have to go through that, but think of it this way, for all the people that have died, there might be one or two that you can save. It just might not be there time.

good luck!

md

mad_malteaser said:
I work for the ambulance service.

Cool! well rather like MD said- The reward is hard to see but it's there. I have a really good friend who is an ambulance driver. He has seen some crazy stuff himself, and my brother in law is a fireman and EMT. Boy does he have some crazy stories too. Well maybe some rest is all ya need to brighten you day. :hug::

A girlfriend of mine was an EMT, and it just *got* to her after a couple of years. It's definitely not for everyone, being in that truck. More power to ya, mad, and I'm sorry it's been such a bad 12 hour stretch. :hug::

My Sunday has been pretty quiet....slept in a little, read the paper a little, played with some bromoils and went to the gym. (blah) Just kinda relaxing from here on out. :)

Death is a pain in the arese. I'm sorry that you had to see it so much today. But, you did all you could I'm sure and sometimes it just happens. But you know al lthat. :hug::

My Sunday has been ok. I found my Jimmy Cliff CD and rememebred how much I like it. But now I'm sad because I've got some abd news from someong. Oh well..

I got up, went to work. Worked. Came home. Aunt & uncle there (because my birthday was "too late" for them - so they invited themselves over earlier). They left - we went to some cheap pizza place for dinner (for my birthday), everyone left really early - straight after they had eaten - they only wanna be near me for food. Went home. Went to bed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back