Black&White | Film | Where to Develop?

It's getting more expensive to send it out every year... Right now, I'd say something like 10 rolls is the break even point - after that you're spending more than you would have spent buying everything you need to develop it yourself (assuming that you already have a scanner capable of scanning film, or an enlarger).

I would seriously consider doing it yourself. It's easy. If you have to send it out, I like Dwaynes.

I don't care for the C41 process B&W but have a friend who uses it; the drawback for me is not being able to do prints from the negatives as standard B&W.

I've been using The Darkroom; the only drawback is the color prints are from scans not wet prints if you wanted that option. They do dip 'n dunk so can do some oddball sizes (110, panoramic, etc.). I like that they have a number of options in shipping, in developing film only, or getting a CD, or prints, or whatever - you can order prints from them online. They'll save your spools if you ask (if you do any 120 or 620) which I think most labs will do.

Ilford has a lab now in the same location; just today saw a video of it - what a set up!! I'm going to check them out for B&W.

Dwayne's should be a good option, I've heard of Richard but not tried them - both have good reputations.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back