Black & White

flashbackpat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was my first attempt at shooting in black & white. The dog can be a difficult subject as she is always on the move. This day I took advantage of one of her quieter moments. Taken last spring with Nikon D40X.

DSC_0096.jpg

Nice, but I would have preferred more DOF, myself. Fine looking specimen! Very healthy looking.

Thank you, she's a special member of the family. In an attempt to learn though, I'd like to know why more DOF is important for this particular shot? I have a tendency to shoot my pets up close and personal.

Yes, but if you had stopped down some more, not only the paws would have been hit by the focus, but also her nose and eyes, which I find particularly important in any portrait. But I am sure you'll manage to capture her in other quieter moments yet again.
(Seems like cats can be easier to photograph than dogs, for they love their nap times - which means you can take HEAPS of photos of SLEEPING cats, easily, but once they're up and about ... it's about the same as dog photography, I think ;) ).

Thank you, she's a special member of the family. In an attempt to learn though, I'd like to know why more DOF is important for this particular shot? I have a tendency to shoot my pets up close and personal.
Fine looking specimen! Very healthy looking.
I thought that would explain it. I think more depth would have better shown the fine coat and muscles of the dog.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back