blackout??

Darton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so working on the home studio I've found that I need to blackout a couple of windows. Have anyof you blacked out windows in your studios and what are good ways to do it with out making the neghibors think you're growing weed in your house i.e. aluminum foil.

Are you using strobes or constant lights for your studio?

If you are using strobes, you can simply use the max sync speed, which will help cut down the exposure from ambient light.

If you are using your camera's brand of flashes, you could even use HSS (high speed sync) thus allowing you to use any shutter speed. You could shoot in broad daylight and pretty much kill the ambient exposure.

ok to be alittle more specific. The studio is setup in the garage. The backdrop is infront of the large door and the five windows at the top of the door are shinning through the backdrop. Will the max sync or thr HSS help with this??

I would have to assume either one would work. I've had a backdrop over a window before and the light was visible shining through it, but with my sync speed at 1/250th i could block out all the light with no problem

Most reactions

Back