Blacksmith

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Very nice man. Taught me a lot today about various farming tools. Very kind and hard working, simple man. He said he used a camera like mine in Korea, he said it was the same one. I looked at him and thought Van Gogh. So I adjusted my camera and went with it. Life is grand when you can see a Van Gogh in a moment. I thank the Lord that I am breathing and able to be taught.

Fujifilm X-Pro 2, 60mm 2.4 macro. I love this camera every time I pick it up. It has a little MOJO to it that the XT2 doesn't, haven't nailed it yet but it is there, for me anyway. SOOC jpeg, minor 4:3 crop.

Van Gogh and @TMorrow inspired. He has been a wonderful inspiration for me.

2017_0812_12322400-01.jpeg

A very nice picture! Simple, beautifully done, compelling face, lovely rendering.

Wow fantastic! and SOOC too!

Thanks Brent. It's a wonderful camera to say the least.

Possibly your best. Absolutely wonderful.

Thanks bud. I think it may be. The setting was perfect really, light shining it barn on his face, he posed for me, background was dark. Just glad I seen the potential for a good render. Q button, custom standard simulation 1 (People), manual focus, spot meter, frame, focus, fire. Converted to jpeg using shooting condition, simple and quick.

A very nice picture! Simple, beautifully done, compelling face, lovely rendering.

Thanks Derrel, really digging these Fujis.

Thanks bud. I think it may be. The setting was perfect really, light shining it barn on his face, he posed for me, background was dark. Just glad I seen the potential for a good render. Q button, custom standard simulation 1 (People), manual focus, spot meter, frame, focus, fire. Converted to jpeg using shooting condition, simple and quick.

Fantastic! Seriously great image.

Thanks bud. Right place, right time, right light, right frame of mind.

Thanks bud. Right place, right time, right light, right frame of mind.

And the right subject!

Very nice man. Taught me a lot today about various farming tools. Very kind and hard working, simple man. He said he used a camera like mine in Korea, he said it was the same one. I looked at him and thought Van Gogh. So I adjusted my camera and went with it. Life is grand when you can see a Van Gogh in a moment. I thank the Lord that I am breathing and able to be taught.

Fujifilm X-Pro 2, 60mm 2.4 macro. I love this camera every time I pick it up. It has a little MOJO to it that the XT2 doesn't, haven't nailed it yet but it is there, for me anyway. SOOC jpeg, minor 4:3 crop.

Van Gogh and @TMorrow inspired. He has been a wonderful inspiration for me.

View attachment 144958
Great image!

I /brought /the /shot /into /LR /cropped /it /to /move /the /eye /direction
208_012_1232200-01_Derrel Edit 2.JPG
/a /bit, /and /burned /down /that /pencil /a /bit. /Better /or /worse ?

I /brought /the /shot /into /LR /cropped /it /to /move /the /eye /direction View attachment 145032 /a /bit, /and /burned /down /that /pencil /a /bit. /Better /or /worse ?

I have to say, I like Beav's version. I agree the framing and eye direction look like they need to be "fixed", and that's what makes it really work for me. It looks imperfect enough to perfectly match the subject... perfectly. Rough around the edges, so to say. Not sure if that makes sense or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great shot. I hate to be that guy, but the skin tones look way too saturated to me. The red is a bit overwhelming.

Most reactions

Back