Blank Stair

Trippy! I like it :)

Thanks, Leo. I placed the camera on the floor and used a small mirror over the lens to line the shot up. When I saw the image emerging, it was a YES! moment :) The original print isn't quite as dark as this, but then I'm still working on the best way to scan/copy these (which isn't the point of them anyway, though ;)).

Very nice combination of shapes and shades. It could also be blank stare.

Fred, a stair, a nice technique.

Love it.

My only comment, and keep in mind this is just my opinion, is that it's top-heavy. Dark tones are visually heavier than light tones. So the dark shadows at the top make it unbalanced to me. Rotate it 180° and my OCB will be satisfied.

Very nice combination of shapes and shades. It could also be blank stare.

Thanks, Dave. The title is a play on blank stare since the centre looks to me like a face.

Lovely shot!

Thanks, Pete.

Fred, a stair, a nice technique.

Thanks, ak. Very witty.

Love it.

My only comment, and keep in mind this is just my opinion, is that it's top-heavy. Dark tones are visually heavier than light tones. So the dark shadows at the top make it unbalanced to me. Rotate it 180° and my OCB will be satisfied.

Thanks, Sparky. the same thought occurred to me; so when I'm in this building again, I'll take another shot with the camera turned 180° to compare. However, the photo is this way up and as title suggests.

Most reactions

Back